Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

10 minutes ago, catlover24 said:

It was always alive.

6pts to make up on West Ham seems a lot more doable than 8 given we're not going to have a fit squad for a few games yet.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

I don’t. 

Let’s just have one week cold turkey and then back to a proper gameweek. This has been slow shit. 

negative for me. My entire Sundays are dedicated to playing football in the morning, having a Sunday dinner and falling asleep on the sofa and whilst watching the two PL games and then whatever serie A game is on at 8. It’s garbage when there’s no football on 

A Bournemouth win obviously won't define out season, and if they did finish above us and we finished 10th instead of 9th (or worse) then it's not that significant, and I wouldn't mind Bmouth winning, but purely from a 'better for Newcastle POV', we are clearly going to finish closer to them than Liverpool, and that would have sounded crazy just 6 or 7 weeks ago when we beat Man Utd and were 14 clear of Bmouth and only 2 behind Liverpool. Bmouth will be only a point behind with a game in hand if they do win today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67528611

26 minutes ago, Disco said:

Real Madrid 0-2 down to bottom of the table Almeria at HT.

Referees making sure Real win.

First a soft pen for Real and now they're about to take away Almeria's third for a soft foul. :lol: Horrible acting by Bellingham and the ref was right there initially but VAR.

Edited by Pata

Just now, Pata said:

Referees making sure Real win.

First a soft pen for Real and now they're about to take away Almeria's third for a soft foul. :lol:

As corrupt as it can be. A joke.

9 minutes ago, Paullow said:

A Bournemouth win obviously won't define out season, and if they did finish above us and we finished 10th instead of 9th (or worse) then it's not that significant

I think its quite significant. If a team like Bournemouth finish above its a very big failure of a season (no matter how much we point out this season is a write off) .

15 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

I think its quite significant. If a team like Bournemouth finish above its a very big failure of a season (no matter how much we point out this season is a write off) .

Aye.  If we finish below Bournemouth Howe’s job will be at risk. 

5 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Every single time I watch Darwin Nunez play he is as average as anyone I've seen in the PL. He's no better than someone like Juan Pablo Angel or James Beattie.

I thought he looked brilliant bar the finishing for long spells last season. I know scoring is quite an important part of being a forward :lol: 

I would even go as far to say he looked a better footballer than Haaland outside of the box. By that, I mean his all round play, touch, dribbling off both feet, decent in the channels. 

This season. It seems like with every game without a goal. He gets more and more desperate and his game gets worse and worse. He looks like a right donkey the last 4-5 games I’ve seen him. 

So annoying he has been like prime R9 against us the last two games at SJP :lol: 

Edited by Lush Vlad

I’d say his decision making (Nunez) is amongst the worst out of forward players in the top ten teams in the PL. he doesn’t read the game and doesn’t get his head up early enough as he’s always been greedy. Klopp is obviously trying to coach it into him but it’s not coming naturally. He’s got fantastic movement and is quite a natural goal scorer even though he goes through streaky spells of scoring or not scoring. He doesn’t have the ability to pass a ball like many wide forwards so I think playing him as an out and out striker is where’ll he succeed the most 

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I thought he looked brilliant bar the finishing for long spells last season. I know scoring is quite an important part of being a forward :lol: 

I would even go as far to say he looked a better footballer than Haaland outside of the box. By that, I mean his all round play, touch, dribbling off both feet, decent in the channels. 

This season. It seems like with every game without a goal. He gets more and more desperate and his game gets worse and worse. He looks like a right donkey the last 4-5 games I’ve seen him. 

So annoying he has been like prime R9 against us the last two games at SJP :lol: 

I know what you mean there, I just think he gets a bit of a free pass because he plays for those bastards. He's not good enough for them imo.

18 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

Very few scenarios where I wouldn’t want Bournemouth to beat Liverpool. Fuck Liverpool.

I’m finding it so hard to decide. Worst case scenario for me is Arsenal winning, then Villa, then maybe Liverpool, then maybe Man City (out of the top four). I also genuinely think we have a chance if players come back when we’re still there or thereabouts. So whenever Arsenal win I kinda want Liverpool and Man City to win, even though that theoretically is bad for us.