Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

Just now, 1964 said:

I'd fancy Coventry out of those two

Luton when they turn it on look pretty strong.

Coventry could have had loads of goals in the 2nd half today, but their finishing let them down.

13 minutes ago, Willow said:

Fans barely standing up to cheer

Says it all perfectly for me. Reaction there to sealing a champions league final is pathetic. They don't deserve Pep - The bloke is a magician and I cant see us winning anything while he's here. Can't wait until he fucks off whether by boredom or City get demoted etc

I'm all for fairytales but surely we're rooting for Keys' lads? Kenilworth Road can't be a Premier League ground, man. :lol: Coventry are a big club, be good to see them back hopefully alongside Forest and Leeds, and the nostalgia is rife.

Just now, Yorkie said:

I'm all for fairytales but surely we're rooting for Keys' lads? Kenilworth Road can't be a Premier League ground, man. :lol: Coventry are a big club, be good to see them back hopefully alongside Forest and Leeds, and the nostalgia is rife.

Hilarious seeing that NE News do interviews in the middle of a housing estate though.

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Aye, the stadium honestly looks like the fans built it out of scrap wood and plastic. Not arsed generally who comes up, good story whoever makes it. Thankful neither of our dear neighbors will be dirtying our doorstep anytime soon 

Edited by LionOfGosforth

12 minutes ago, 54 said:

Coventry vs Luton is a great final, I love it when teams that we haven't seen in long time get a chance to come up, especially two who have been through the mire in recent years.

That being said, it still feels a little anti-climatic/ low key :lol: 

Reading v Bolton vibes from 95.

Don't know if Reading ever had been in the topflight, 70s for Bolton, both meant an extra year of topflight terracing.

Both just seemed out of place in the new all-seated big time feeling PL with the foreign stars coming in now.

Cracking game too.

Like then will be a total neutral.

Edited by Wolfcastle

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

From a regulation perspective or just because its weird to have an entrance set between some terraced houses?

Edited by SAK
Punctuation

4 minutes ago, ElDiablo said:

For some reason I've always liked Coventry & kept an eye out for their fixtures. Both clubs have had a rough time of it recently so it'll be nice to see one of them up.

Same. But could be that from when I started going in 89 they've only beat us three times and never at SJP. Always appreciated the healthy ticket allocation and the speed with which you could get back from there.

10 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Better that stadium than have a Mike Ashley stadium in the Premier League 

6 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Same. But could be that from when I started going in 89 they've only beat us three times and never at SJP. Always appreciated the healthy ticket allocation and the speed with which you could get back from there.

In the 80s, it was often seen as the "one game you could miss" but I went to most and those against Coventry were actually pretty good games. I recall a couple of 2-2s, a stonking 3-2 win when my old mate Kenny got the winner and even a 0-3 a week after winning at Anfield :lol:

Not to mention the infamous 4-0 Kenny sitting on the ball game!

Edit - games against Coventry AND Luton I meant to say

Edited by LionOfGosforth

5 minutes ago, SAK said:

From a regulation perspective or just because its weird to have an entrance set between some terraced houses?

The access through the terraces is one of the great quirks of English football stadia but it's generally just a bit of a dump init? 

Used to sit next to a bunch of lads (Ronnie) that came up from Coventry through most of the Keegan era.  Dont know what difference that makes but happy to see them having some joy nevertheless.

My first PL away game was at Coventry, again of no relevance.  Went there in a car previously owned by our director Freddie Fletcher.  No other chance to slip that anecdote it.

6 minutes ago, toon25 said:

If Luton come up they apparently have to make 10 million quids worth of improvements to the ground

Apparently they only need £100m for their new stadium.

I took my boy to Coventry vs Stoke this season and they were abysmal! Stoke beat them 4-0 and it could have easily been more than that so it’s hard to believe they are one game away from getting in to the Premier League.

A good bunch of fans and atmosphere from that experience.