Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

Full backs seem to have gone from being the key attacking weapon for teams to being out of vogue again almost overnight. Not sure I vibe at all with this weird 4 CB thing. Pep is a freak and a weirdo and needs to stop spreading his perverted ideas around our beautiful game.

Edited by ponsaelius

11 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Saka is incredible. I'd kill to have him on the right. 

My best mate is an Arsenal fan and didn’t rate him early doors.  He much preferred Sancho.  And I’ve been a Saka fan from early. I’ve just become a bigger fan over time one.  He’ll give any fullback in the world a long day - his skill set is elite.  

Having Timber and Partey at inverted full back able to come into midfield alongside Rice while Havertz and Odegaard just have the freedom to then get right up in behind the striker is a very very interesting setup that is going to add a lot of defensive solidarity to Arsenal, while still keeping a lot of creativity and goals out there for them.

There was some uncertainty about how Rice, Partey, Havertz and Odegaard would all fit, and this allows them all to feature together in roles that suit them really well.

They are going to be very good again this season and should really be pushing Man City again just as hard. 

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

He’s so strong and he explosive. He just shrugs his man off, explodes past him and bam.  He’s similar to Hazard in that regard - STRONG glutes and core. 

Yeah but just stand yard to the side almost trodding on his left foot with your own left foot. Defenders don’t stand wide enough and are too face to face with him. I appreciate the danger is him using his pace on the channel you’ve showed him but you’ve got more of a chance then of stepping across him.

Edited by LFEE

19 minutes ago, LFEE said:

It’s the season 2023/24 and players still not showing Saka on to his right ?

He just goes right and plays dangerous cut backs across the box. Gets a ton of assist doing just that.

The guy is a nightmare to defend. Impossibly smart and efficient with everything he does.

Just now, KaKa said:

He just goes right and plays dangerous cut backs across the box. Gets a ton of assist doing just that.

The guy is a nightmare to defend. Impossibly smart and efficient with everything he does.

He’s unstoppable on his day.  He’s not afraid to go wide and use his right foot. He’s cut across the defender too and have his choice of pass. 

9 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Full backs seem to have gone from being the key attacking weapon for teams to being out of vogue again almost overnight. Not sure I vibe at all with this weird 4 CB thing. Pep is a freak and a weirdo and needs to stop spreading his perverted ideas around our beautiful game.

Pulis was ahead of time 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

He’s unstoppable on his day.  He’s not afraid to go wide and use his right foot. He’s cut across the defender too and have his choice of pass. 

Yeah, he just attacks the space you give him and manages a great shot or dangerous delivery into the box.

Also shown he can have a shot on his right foot at times too. The boy is an absolute menace.