Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

Just now, Abacus said:

Off the ground, studs up, no attempt to play the ball. Should have been a red.

Never a red, his studs didn’t hit him. If that’s a red loads of stopping counter attacks should be red as there’s never an attempt to play the ball.

2 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Christ, I know he'll be a big miss, but man, the commentator emphasised that Casemiro yellow as if it was a red / pen / goal.

Who is the commentator?

He showed more excitement than the commentator when Odegaard scored against Spurs

1 minute ago, Flip said:

Same here. But it kind of is. Casemiro is that team right now. Without him, they don’t make this run. Motm tonight, again.

I know, but that's another day, it doesn't really affect the match tonight, the one that he is working on. Obviously the club he plays for plays a massive part.

Just now, Flip said:

Never a red, his studs didn’t hit him. If that’s a red loads of stopping counter attacks should be red as there’s never an attempt to play the ball.

My point is, being off the ground means he's out of control. At that point, being studs up makes it a red whether he makes contact or not.

Put another way, if a red was given, I don't see VAR overturning it.

3 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Man Utd have shit GD which could end up very important, this was a great chance for them to win by 3 or 4 and they've been pretty poor honestly

I know our GD is very good, but I'd certainly take a similar 0-1 win on Saturday.

Whether it's still the Ashley/Bruce era playing with my mind, but I was expecting MU winning today, and if they didn't, it would be 2/3 points dropped, whereas I wouldn't be too disappointed with an away point on Saturday (ideally backed up with a home win vs West Ham).

Edited by Paullow