Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

14 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

One thing at a time ffs - it seems Brighton are out of sight after tonight (barring some crazy comeback) and that’s a massive plus.

I just want Liverpool to fuck off is all

1 minute ago, Smal said:

I think the ruling is that it isn't a handball because Thiago ends up using his arm for support. It's dumb as fuck. 

Forget the rules, other way round you know for a fact Liverpool get a penalty.

They've made the rules so confusing/change them almost every week to allow the corruption to happen.

6 minutes ago, Big River said:

it’s hard to make a case against the league being corrupt as fuck with decisions like that.

4 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Must be a compilation of all these decisions they've got somewhere, a list at least, that needs brought to the forefront, but do the officials even care? everybody knows its suspicious as fuck with them and it just continues.

Looking at a video compilation of them would be quite something

They need ongoing stats specifically on when incorrect/dubious var decisions get the previous big 6 points.  

It's easy to have 2-3 bad decisions that don't matter.  We've had at least 3 that cost us points.  

Don't think they will but West Ham could go down on that handball, with countless replays and VAR available.

Shows what a load of fucking shit it is that that can still happen.

The thought of them pipping us to top4 will run 1996 close

Just now, pubteam said:

I literally have no idea what constitutes a hand ball now. Stops the ball dead as it was about to spill to a West Ham player. You could argue it's a red as well as a penalty.

It changes depending on the outcome they want.

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

It doesn’t even look unintentional to me. What the hell is his arm doing there other than attempting to block the ball?

I'm sure you can tell by the smile but I'm in total agreement. :thup: I just can't see any other excuse they can try to roll out than some bollocks about going to ground so hands there to break fall, 'natural' position or some shit.

Either that or we actually see another 'oopsie' letter going to West Ham.

7 minutes ago, simonsays said:

Seems as long as you put your hand on the floor after the handball it wont be given.

that's going to be the reason given .  He's lowering his arm as he's hitting the floor he needs to brace himself.  

Its all bullshit and enough space in the rules for human judgment to allow the either corruption or incompetency to prevail.

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

1 minute ago, Astroblack said:

Would you have taken him in 2020 when we had Bruce? I wouldn’t. Not even as a squad player.

Absolutely. Not saying I think he’s that good but howay have you seen a Championship game? He’d walk into the Sunderland team. Likewise he’d probably get a start at Leeds, Notts, Southampton.