Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

Even though it's really early in the season it's looking like Citeh, Arsenal, Spuds and Liverpool being our main competitors for the Top 4. That's not including Brighton or Villa. So much competition this year. 

Edited by sempuki

Just now, LFEE said:

Said it before but can see this being possibly the best ever EPL season. Top 8+ are all going to cause each other trouble. Going to be an absolute dogfight.

A lot of entertainment at the top of the league. Will probably one of the worst seasons ever at the bottom of the table.

I honestly wonder if we showed Man City too much respect in our league game against them. They didn't look all that great, but some of our players looked a bit scared of taking any chances going forward. Even after their goal. City hasn't looked as good as last season. We did face them when they had Rodri available though..

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

I honeslty wonder if we showed Man City too much respect in our league game against them. They didn't look all that great, but some of our players looked scared to take any chances going forward. Even after their goal. City hasn't looked as good as last season. We did face them when they had Rodri available though..

We absolutely did. I remember thinking that we didn’t play our game at all. We let them dictate the whole match. 

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Said it before but can see this being possibly the best ever EPL season. Top 8+ are all going to cause each other trouble. Going to be an absolute dogfight.

I think Spurs will have a drop off in form at some point that will last for enough games to put them at risk of not finishing top 5. Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool are guaranteed top 5. That then leaves us, Spurs, Man U, possibly Chelsea going on a run, Villa and Brighton who I think will drop off over the season. Good thing we’ve got Howe as mentally he’ll have them up for it all season long, especially when the pressure rises 

7 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

We absolutely did. I remember thinking that we didn’t play our game at all. We let them dictate the whole match. 

Disagree. I thought they were conservative by their standards on the night. Because Pep knew how we wanted to play. We were not in the groove like we are now and we don’t have the players capable of pulling off a passing game/high press against a team like City. Or the style of play of an Arsenal to go toe to toe with them. 

We will in time. But I think it’s too early to say we should be going away to City and going more gung ho. I think they would have battered us if we were open. 

30 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Cant fucking stand Arteta

All the pettiness that officials have with rule abiding and this prick has been stood outside his technical area for the majority of the last 3 years.

Edited by Kid Icarus