Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

That’s the wrong decision from VAR, isn’t it? I thought it was only if it was the goalscorer that handled it, that it gets ruled out? Hence why it was irrelevant whether or not it hit Joelinton’s arm

against Arsenal. 

Might be totally wrong, mind and it’s still funny. 

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

That’s the wrong decision from VAR, isn’t it? I thought it was only if it was the goalscorer that handled it, that it gets ruled out? Hence why it was irrelevant whether or not it hit Joelinton’s arm

against Arsenal. 

Different competition, different rules I think. 

3 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

That’s far worse than the Rashford one. At least a yellow. 

It's virtually the same tackle so they both deserved the same punishment. Happy for both to be yellow because of the lack of intent or both to be red because of the danger posed but to give one a red and the other nothing is ridiculous. Rashford was unlucky last night but I can see the logic of giving a red but whatever happened 24 hours ago isn't happening tonight then that's out of order. It puts it down to sheer luck and that shouldn't be the case

9 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

against Arsenal. 

I assume deliberate handball is still a factor, so if the officials believe MacAllister has deliberately handled it then it should still be disallowed 

Whereas the rules are if you accidentally handle it, you yourself can't score but a team mate can

5 minutes ago, midds said:

It's virtually the same tackle so they both deserved the same punishment. Happy for both to be yellow because of the lack of intent or both to be red because of the danger posed but to give one a red and the other nothing is ridiculous. Rashford was unlucky last night but I can see the logic of giving a red but whatever happened 24 hours ago isn't happening tonight then that's out of order. It puts it down to sheer luck and that shouldn't be the case

What danger would that be? A wee bruise? Don't think I've ever seen anyone get seriously hurt from a stamp like that before.

6 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

What danger would that be? A wee bruise? Don't think I've ever seen anyone get seriously hurt from a stamp like that before.

Bruise if you're lucky. Ligaments or bones if you're not.

Neither of them meant it but we've all seen seemingly innocuous fouls end in serious injuries, it can easily happen 

1 hour ago, midds said:

I think point of impact matters. The Rashford one is more likely to cause injury to the opponent because the impact is higher up, while Endo kind of steps on his foot.