Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

You can't actually watch Graz vs Feyenoord on the BT App, restricted to 6 matches including 4 involving UK and Irish teams, so I've opted for Ferencvaros vs Monaco - two teams that we faced in the 1996-97 UEFA Cup (Ginola goal vs the Hungarians). Quite a tight group as well with Ferencvaros currently top, perhaps surprisingly. Not sure how long I'll watch for mind, but it's on at the moment [emoji38]

5 minutes ago, Paullow said:

You can't actually watch Graz vs Feyenoord on the BT App, restricted to 6 matches including 4 involving UK and Irish teams, so I've opted for Ferencvaros vs Monaco - two teams that we faced in the 1996-97 UEFA Cup (Ginola goal vs the Hungarians). Quite a tight group as well with Ferencvaros currently top, perhaps surprisingly. Not sure how long I'll watch for mind, but it's on at the moment [emoji38]

Didn’t we also play them in our Fairs Cup campaign?

Well before my time that :lol:, but the 1996/97 was my first proper European campaign. I can vaguely remember parts of the 1994/95 one when we played Antwerp and Bilbao, remember watching the 3-2 home win in the spar room, but would have only just turned 8.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Why do people seem to hate things like that Antony thing, Richarlison a couple of months ago, etc? I want to see things like that. Wharton sitting on the ball is in NUFC folklore, I want to see little moments like that.

The vitriol was kinda funny. Especially since it was a glorified training exercise. Think they had 24% posession and 0 shots.

I would imagine Antony will be a little more switched on at the weekend.