Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

8 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Cannot believe VAR is being used in some games and not others in the same competition. 

So it's just the PL teams who are at home then? 

:lol: It's genuinely the stupidest shit.

I for one find it fucking hilarious how Liverpool got forced into a replay a couple of days after Klopp winged about how unfair replays are on poor ol millionaire footballers.

Apparently the corner taker received the ball from an offside position when it came back out to him, though have seen some images to the contrary.

Have also seen chat that the offside the linesman flagged for was a different player entirely. 

Bit of a shitshow. Hope the replay goes to extra time now. 

Lack of camera angle is just terrible in so many respects, utter amateur bullshit, but Salah's goal standing is far for worse me. If that's the law now, you just stand offside and if a ball brushes a defender on it's way, then it's onside.

Fuck that, only a moron would think Salah's goal is correct, it's pathetic to look at that and think, hey lets change the rule and give a player gaining an advantage being offside no penalisation for that by changing the rule, so the 5 yards offside he's standing is negated by a forward pass touching a defender.

So now defenders have to judge whether or not to go for a ball if a player is behind their line, fuck off the fuck off.

Edited by Bimpy474

So linesmen nowadays flag just in case - not because they've seen someone is offside, but because they dunno and they feel they might as well let VAR decide. VAR then can't get an angle and doesn't know, so goes back to the decision of the linesman who also doesn't know, ruling out a goal with no evidence of an infraction. 

I reckon if VAR was active for our match a flag would have gone up for both the offside goals, but as it was it seemed too big a responsibility to be the sole arbiter and rule off the goal 

28 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

you just stand offside and if a ball brushes a defender on it's way, then it's onside.

This isn't the law for what it's worth, the defender has to make a clear attempt to play the ball. If the ball just brushes him then they'd still be offside

1 hour ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Sky have been talking about this Wolves disallowed goal all morning but haven't shown it which is annoying (I understand they probably don't have the rights to show it) If anyone can hoy a link up of it please do 🙏

From 2:20

5 minutes ago, joeyt said:

This isn't the law for what it's worth, the defender has to make a clear attempt to play the ball. If the ball just brushes him then they'd still be offside

It's a crap law tbf. The defender might only make an attempt to clear the ball because he's not sure if the forward is offside. If he then plays the ball and that forward scores from it, it's bollocks imo. Again, more the offside law than VAR. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Oh yeah, it's terrible. We played Villa a few years back at Villa Park and Watkins scored despite being offside but it was because Schar made a deliberate attempt for the ball.

Ridiculous that the lawmakers think the right thing to do in that situation would be for him to just leave it

48 minutes ago, madras said:

New England Patriots style shenanigans. 

Great shout. I’m still not over the Isak goal being chalked off. Camera stuff certainly needs looking into. I think Liverpool are the most suss team in the prem. Dodgy asthmatic bastards.