Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

1 hour ago, Displayname said:

What happened to Brighton. Fair result?

Everton sat back and destroyed them on the break.  Every time brighton lost the ball everyon played it up front to an even number of attackers and defenders, Brighton just thought they could win without defending

3 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

The only disappointment is Friday.

Peterborough - Wednesday

Since covid, and probably more accurately since I got IPTV, the number of games on TV has been absolute filth. Coupled with the fact my lass has started going to bed at like 8pm lately, there's low level panic on any evening where there isn't a game on even just to keep up with in the background. 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

30 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It'll be interesting to see if more sides sit in against them, rather than trying to press them.

A fresh ASM likes this.

jack nicholson smile GIF

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We all City tonight ? Do we need them to win to make it 5 champions league spots for next season ?

There's no scenario where 5th place qualifies.

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Makes no difference

Next year is likely to be 5 spots anyway

Even if City don't win ? Is the 5th spot a qualifier ? 

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

Even if City don't win ? Is the 5th spot a qualifier ? 

City winning makes no difference 

This year 1-4 is CL

Next year 1-4 is CL but the new format means the two highest countries get an extra place, which is currently PL and La Liga (so 5th in both leagues)

But I think the main point is how is that 5th spot determined for the 2024/25 season? Is it purely CL performance by teams in the 2023/24 season, does it include Europa League and Conference, or is it cumulative over a certain period, in which case a Man City triumph this season might be beneficial down the line.

I'm not sure if anyone knows for sure. All we hear is 'likely to go to a PL side', but how it is likely, and could that 'likely' change to less likely based on results? Is it on the assumption that English teams will 'do enough' in the 2023/24 season. If City winning it this season increased the coefficient and thus the chances of a 5th place in 2024/25 then aye, I'd defo want them to win it, but if no real impact, then I'm not really fussed.

Edited by Paullow

11 minutes ago, Paullow said:

But I think the main point is how is that 5th spot determined for the 2024/25 season? Is it purely CL performance by teams in the 2023/24 season, does it include Europa League and Conference, or is it cumulative over a certain period, in which case a Man City triumph this season might be beneficial down the line.

I'm not sure if anyone knows for sure. All we hear is 'likely to go to a PL side', but how it is likely, and could that 'likely' change to less likely based on results? Is it on the assumption that English teams will 'do enough' in the 2023/24 season. If City winning it this season increased the coefficient and thus the chances of a 5th place in 2024/25 then aye, I'd defo want them to win it, but if no real impact, then I'm not really fussed.

Basically we will need PL clubs to do well next season to ensure the league gets a 5th spot

Screenshot_20230509_191514_Chrome.jpg

Henry, Carragher, and Richards on the CL pre-match show over here is so so bad. For being good players (Richards notwithstanding) they do talk absolute shit and say nothing while just non-stop talking.

2 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Henry, Carragher, and Richards on the CL pre-match show over here is so so bad. For being good players (Richards notwithstanding) they do talk absolute shit and say nothing while just non-stop talking.

It's funny as for the most part Carragher is one of the best pundits over here, and for the most part is spot on with his analysis, Richards is just a banter guy admittedly :lol: