Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

9 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Not asking you directly but does anyone know what they’re required to change for the Premier League?

I saw a vid just now, they have to upgrade one of the stands according to PL standards and also for broadcasting issues. Need £10m to upgrade this summer.

Edited by nufcjb

I guess that's what the TV money is there for. Will obviously hit their transfer budget but if they can get the infrastructure and strengthen with players who'd be happy to stay if they go down it'll do them good. Would be canny if they bought Ross Stewart or someone from Sunderland. 

15 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Got to try and get to Kenilworth Road before it goes like, whether in the away end or otherwise.

I wouldn’t rush it’s an absolute shit hole.

As much as this is ‘romantic’, anyone with a long memory will remember the main reason they hung around the top division for so long was because of their plakka pitch

It doesn’t matter if they go down immediately next season. The fortune they got from this promotion, if invested properly, can transform the club completely and made them real EPL standard teams in 5-6 years.

edit: including infrastructure like a new stadium and club house training pitch etc

Edited by Zero

Renato Sanches looked quality for PSG today, every time I see him he looks great. Checked his Transfermarkt for this season and he’s had more injuries than Maxi. Guess that must be the story of his career, lots of muscle and hamstring issues

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I guess that's what the TV money is there for. Will obviously hit their transfer budget but if they can get the infrastructure and strengthen with players who'd be happy to stay if they go down it'll do them good. Would be canny if they bought Ross Stewart or someone from Sunderland. 

The Premier League should have to pay for any upgrades they are required to make to their ground. 

Was a case here in Sweden when an unfancied ice hockey club got promoted to the top division and had to make a bunch of improvements to suit the leagues standards, then got relegated and couldn't keep up with the costs of their new arena and then went bust. 

Nice story still I suppose. As it happens found out would have preferred Coventry.

Was at the 94 cup game there, got on the tele pre-match head stuck in the programme, doubt will ever get back with half the away end cut off now.

Even then with everybody bar Walsall, Millwall and Scunthorpe at their original stadium just about it was weird. Thought of the town as more of a dump than the stadium iirc.

Remember Ruel Fox, cup tied, sitting by the tunnel pretty close to us and a bloke with a trumpet directly in front.

46 minutes ago, Nobody said:

The Premier League should have to pay for any upgrades they are required to make to their ground. 

Was a case here in Sweden when an unfancied ice hockey club got promoted to the top division and had to make a bunch of improvements to suit the leagues standards, then got relegated and couldn't keep up with the costs of their new arena and then went bust. 

PL has money flowing like a fast moving river so they certainly could.

15 minutes ago, Facundo Ferreyra said:

Will be fun to see how Luton do in the premier league. Derby's record about to be broken?

They are there on merit, they were the third best team in the Championship and have been an incredibly well run club for a few years now. Also, like Brighton, they got their manager pinched off them this season and came back even stronger from it. Don't think we should even talk about them going down next season yet. 

6 hours ago, Thomson Mouse said:

I wouldn’t rush it’s an absolute shit hole.

As much as this is ‘romantic’, anyone with a long memory will remember the main reason they hung around the top division for so long was because of their plakka pitch

Which wasn't even the least likeable thing about them.  They had David Evans as chairman who was putting up electrified fences and grumbling that he couldn't turn them on