Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

4 minutes ago, Paullow said:

I can never decide if I like Leeds United. The city is my favourite in the UK so I often think I want them to do well, but then I was quite happy when they got relegated, so it's a bit of a weird situation [emoji38]

I wouldn't say that's unusual attitude to them tbf. 

They're a big club, good fans but without having much chance of being successful again any time soon. The kind of club that you quite like to see in the PL but also love the schadenfreude when it goes badly for them.

It's really not too dissimilar to a lot other clubs fans thoughts on us, at least pre-takeover.

Edited by ponsaelius

Just now, ponsaelius said:

I wouldn't say that's unusual tbf.

They're a big club, good fans but without having much chance of being successful again any time soon. The kind of club that you quite like to see in the PL but also love the schadenfreude when it goes badly for them.

It's really not too dissimilar to a lot other clubs fans thoughts on us, at least pre-takeover.

Aye, that probably sounds about right.

13 minutes ago, Pilko said:

I've a sneaking suspicion Spurs might sniff about Awoniyi.

I cannot imagine Forest selling him for any reasonable amount at this point of the season. The links to Gift Orban make more sense to me as a young talent available at a decent price.

Taiwo has surprised me. It was obvious he would be a handful, but he has markedly improved in front of goal.

Right as that Sheff Utd player hit a stupid long ball I said “waste of a ball” to myself and then Gary Birtles chips in with “see that ball causes so many problems but is very rarely used at this level that ball turns defenders” as the ball stayed in front of the defense the entire time. Fucking dinosaurs in commentary man. :lol: 

6 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Right as that Sheff Utd player hit a stupid long ball I said “waste of a ball” to myself and then Gary Birtles chips in with “see that ball causes so many problems but is very rarely used at this level that ball turns defenders” as the ball stayed in front of the defense the entire time. Fucking dinosaurs in commentary man. :lol: 

It’s really getting silly how little commentators know compared to what is actually happening.