Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

4 hours ago, Likelylad said:

What's the justification for 12 mins added time? Head injury?

Persistent and blatant time-wasting.

Their goalkeeper could have been sent off multiple times for it, and was saved by the time-honoured rule of once you’ve been booked you can pretty much do whatever you want as the ref will feel he can’t send a goalkeeper off “just for timewasting”.

Enormous chutzpah for Heckingbottom to say what he did about it afterwards. The changes were brought in for precisely this situation. We can discuss the fact that this will once again favour the wealthier sides - because it will in more than one way - but it’s designed to minimize and punish time wasting and it ultimately managed to achieve one of those goals.

It’s funny, I’ve gone from being so disengaged from football to watching a ton now I’m back in the UK. Means that there’s a number of players I’m watching properly for the first time, and able to make proper judgments.

And fuck me, Bruno Fernandes is a whiny little shit.

40 minutes ago, maybe_next_year said:

Man U 'fan' taking a picture of a player scoring against them, exactly why I'd be happy to see their club cease to exist. 

Yeah I noticed that.

He also appeared to have a "half and half" scarf on as well :anguish:

13 minutes ago, gbandit said:

This Jhon Durán lad looks worryingly good 

He is very raw but he has done exceptionally well so far this season.

I was a bit concerned at him being our only other striker beyond the infuriating Watkins, but thus far, Emery has proved me right.

That'll be because he is INFALLIBLE.

10 hours ago, gbandit said:

Bruno Fernandes’ tracking back for that Joao Pedro goal. Absolutely shocking. I know you love him @Froggy but that side of his game must be massively infuriating?

That side of his game is brilliant, but he can't do everything all of the time. 

10 hours ago, leffe186 said:

Switched back to MOTD. Eriksen looks gassed tbh. @Froggy how did Regi do at LB? Seemed decent enough to me.

Yeah Reguilon was quite good. Just let down by Rashford not being arsed after things started going wrong. There was a sequence where Brighton were playing triangles and Bruno and Reguilon were busting a gut chasing them down and Rashford just stood there with his head down. 

Edited by Froggy

1 hour ago, duo said:

Man U getting destroyed by Brighton at home helps to put our loss to them into perspective. De Zerbi is proving to be some manager.

Their confidence playing out from the back is incredible. A few times they played a ball right across the face of goal. Had to be hit with power, and if it wasn't perfect it was going straight to us. They're at the absolute top of their game right now.