Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Think he popped in.

Not sure how he feels though.

Sacking ten Hag will only lead to further chaos surely?

The club just seems to be rotten at its core. Till they fix issues behind the scenes can't see anything changing.

I agree that the club are a basket case at the moment BUT didn't the Man Utd fans say he was the second coming because they beat little inadequate Newcastle United in the Carabao  Cup Final?

Even though he’s being found out, I still can’t wrap my head around Ten Hag actually being shit. He was so highly rated, and that Ajax side was amazing, played beautiful football and beat some of the best teams in Europe. I just cannot see any of that imprinted onto Man Utd. I don’t understand how he’s so shit, but I am loving it.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Aye. Ten Hag has had to deal with a wild amount of shite at this club. Not even close to turning on him. He can't get his full team on the pitch. 

Saying that, the decision to swap De Gea for Onana though could be the costly one. I can't remember ever hating a new signing more. He was supposed to bring calm to the backline and he's done the opposite. He's a disaster. 

Don't get me started on Rashford. Anonymous since he got his new contract. The higher ups at this club will never learn. 

Good lad for responding.  For what it's worth in my opinion Onana is a complete joke.  I would love Rashford at Newcastle.  Why do you never proportion blame to Ten Bob?  I'm sure the boardroom don't pick the team or formation.  The games I have seen you in this season  I'm staggered that you are not in the bottom half (sorry haven't looked).  You have stolen points so far.

1 minute ago, AJ9 said:

Even though he’s being found out, I still can’t wrap my head around Ten Hag actually being shit. He was so highly rated, and that Ajax side was amazing, played beautiful football and beat some of the best teams in Europe. I just cannot see any of that imprinted onto Man Utd. I don’t understand how he’s so shit, but I am loving it.

Because like Brighton, the culture and style of play is embedded throughout Ajax. Almost like the manager is a coach that needs to just make sure they continue along the same track.

However at man u you come into a squad of players picked by the previous three of four managers who all had different ideas.... and then rinse and repeat

2 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

I don’t think he’s shit, like Potter I predict he’ll successfully rebuild his reputation somewhere with less pressure and better organisation. 

The club is a toxic mess and he tried to fix this by bringing in players loyal to him but it just seems to have polarised the squad further, plus players like Antony just aren’t very good. 

The squad haven’t bought in as a whole - there’s a few videos knocking about showing that Man U are doing the right things tactically the players just don’t have the desire or buy in to execute with the required intensity. 

In most situations this is the point the manager should go, but it just repeats the cycle and Frankensteins the squad further. 

14 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Aye. Ten Hag has had to deal with a wild amount of shite at this club. Not even close to turning on him. He can't get his full team on the pitch. 

Saying that, the decision to swap De Gea for Onana though could be the costly one. I can't remember ever hating a new signing more. He was supposed to bring calm to the backline and he's done the opposite. He's a disaster. 

Don't get me started on Rashford. Anonymous since he got his new contract. The higher ups at this club will never learn. 

Who is the reserve keeper these days?

13 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Froggy replied to Greg's topic in Football

£42m for Onana, offset a little by £15m for Henderson, then a saving of £335k a week on wages. I feel very positive about a deal for once.

July 17

29,424 replies

1[emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Rod said:

Good lad for responding.  For what it's worth in my opinion Onana is a complete joke.  I would love Rashford at Newcastle.  Why do you never proportion blame to Ten Bob?  I'm sure the boardroom don't pick the team or formation.  The games I have seen you in this season  I'm staggered that you are not in the bottom half (sorry haven't looked).  You have stolen points so far.

Because he's had to deal with 15  different injuries/suspensions already so far this season. Add in the absolutely horrendous individual mistakes from Onana and the shit going on within the club in regards to the sale and I genuinely feel for Ten Hag. He's handled the Ronaldo and Sancho situations well. He did a brilliant job last season given the injuries and the amount of games we had to play. Won us our first trophy in years and got us back into the CL. 

He has a lot more time for me, but the noise will start to get louder the longer this keeps up. 

He has to drop Rashford and stop playing Bruno on the right. That's the two major criticisms at the minute. 

2 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Because like Brighton, the culture and style of play is embedded throughout Ajax. Almost like the manager is a coach that needs to just make sure they continue along the same track.

However at man u you come into a squad of players picked by the previous three of four managers who all had different ideas.... and then rinse and repeat

But their ingenious plan was to employ Ragnick which would smooth into the introduction of Ten Haggs appointment.  The whole two appointments (well definitely Ragnick) was pathetic.

3 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

It just repeats the cycle and Frankensteins the squad further. 

This is the absolute worst thing about changing managers all the time. Messes up the playing squad so badly.

I remember Froggy saying the club had behaved appallingly towards De Gea, Im sure. I hadn’t seen Onana previously so had no idea what he was like but no one could have predicted he’d be this shit. Fundamentally he just isn’t a good enough goalkeeper but his cockiness has led to a bunch of extra errors too. He just doesn’t seem to do a lot of the basics of shot stopping 

Just now, Rod said:

But their ingenious plan was to employ Ragnick which would smooth into the introduction of Ten Haggs appointment.  The whole two appointments (well definitely Ragnick) was pathetic.

Didn't they bring in Rangnick to oversee the transfer department, then scrap that plan just because he had a shite run as Interim Head Coach? :lol:

All seems bizarre. 

19 minutes ago, Rod said:

I agree that the club are a basket case at the moment BUT didn't the Man Utd fans say he was the second coming because they beat little inadequate Newcastle United in the Carabao  Cup Final?

Manager of the season, much better than Howe etc etc.:lol: Whenever Howe was praised by someone after last season, Man United fans stepped in to preach about how much better Ten Hag was.

Edited by Erikse