Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

4 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

It's just bullshit, offside was never brought in for such millimeter decisions like that, it's about gaining an advantage, if your foot is 1cm in front of the defender I don't care what anyone says, you haven't gained an advantage from that, it's bollocks.

I agree, a by product of going off precise video replays instead of the naked eye is that we're forgetting what the purpose of the offside rule was in the first. There's no way some of the goals chalked off have had any advantage from being a millimetre ahead. So in conjunction with VAR offsides, a very small leeway should be brought in to help bring back and emphasise the original purpose of the rule. 

Even though VAR has got more things right than wrong, at this stage I may actually be in favour of scrapping it completely if it was an option. Simply because it is gravely damaging the emotion and spontaneously that underpins the excitement of the game.

So in then Canadian Premier League, Forge are going for their 4th title out of 5m in the Play off final against their old enemy Cavalry.

Cavalry scored in extra time, only for Forge to equalise.

Early in the 2nd half of stoppage time Forge got a corner and did this to win it.

https://x.com/onesoccer/status/1718425759918743579?s=46&t=VdH0aGHsHSF2_7GgShF1MQ

Forge have actually scored like this twice before.

Edited by Stifler

4 hours ago, Stifler said:

So in then Canadian Premier League, Forge are going for their 4th title out of 5m in the Play off final against their old enemy Cavalry.

Early in the 2nd half of stoppage time Forge got a corner and did this to win it.

https://x.com/onesoccer/status/1718425759918743579?s=46&t=VdH0aGHsHSF2_7GgShF1MQ

Really great game. Bloody Forge. They are 90s Manure. Fair play to them and Bobby Smyrniotis though.

4 hours ago, Stifler said:

The commentary man...

ARE. YOU. KIDDING.ME????

Like Michael Cole having an orgasm seeing John Cena turning up for work on Smackdown.

Think Man Utd will beat City today unfortunately.

They're shite but still have a decent record of beating City last few years and with it being early in the season its the best time to play them, City haven't looked that good for a few weeks now.

2 hours ago, toontownman said:

Really great game. Bloody Forge. They are 90s Manure. Fair play to them and Bobby Smyrniotis though.

Aye, even though I keep an eye out for them, I can’t help but feel for the game to grow in Canada, having 1 team win 4 out of 5 titles, and being the finalist in the other one, isn’t going to make people think it’s competitive.

When you have hired the coach who created the academy that is behind most of Canada’s young players these days, I guess it’s only going to go 1 way.

Apparently he is under consideration to become the national team manager, and was interviewed for the Toronto job.

Good news for the league though, as York United are said to be getting bought by a well known group, some say it is 777, others say it is MLSE, some even saying it’s a Premier League team.

1 hour ago, NUFCDoog said:

They're shite but still have a decent record of beating City last few years and with it being early in the season its the best time to play them, City haven't looked that good for a few weeks now.

I don't, I think city will win comfortably 

4 hours ago, NUFCDoog said:

Dont think City will lose their third away game in a row. 

1 minute ago, brummie said:

Imagine being a West Ham fan and having to watch that useless lump Antonio heffering around like a moonlighting bin-man.

Hasn't Antonio been pretty decent this season? ???