Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

24 minutes ago, Deuce said:

Definitely feels like the massive expansion of ET has primarily benefited the bigger clubs. Whole lot of these game-winning/game-tying goals happening at 90+7’, 90+8’.

In theory VAR as a whole benefits them as they are more likely to experience marginal calls in the opposition box.

Whether it actually plays out like that, I don't know. 

2 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Worth pointing out that since we beat them the fixture list has been pretty kind to Arsenal, obviously you still need to win those games and they have done. Brentford probably their toughest game and that was a spawny last minute job too.

Next three should establish their title credentials a little better. Villa, Brighton and Liverpool. 

image.thumb.png.94b35e61f2a2b8e04c5900a8c4bde262.png

Funny that it's been going up since VAR came around.......

8 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Worth pointing out that since we beat them the fixture list has been pretty kind to Arsenal, obviously you still need to win those games and they have done. Brentford probably their toughest game and that was a spawny last minute job too.

Next three should establish their title credentials a little better. Villa, Brighton and Liverpool. 

Three draws would be lovely. 

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

What game is everyone opting for for the 8:15 KO tonight? Man City or Man Utd?

Think the Villa game will obviously be higher standard but the prospect of Ten Hag being beaten again is very tantalising. 

I'm gonna watch the ManU game because if i watch Villa vs City then im certain that Villa will win :lol:

30 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Actually really fancy Villa tonight. City having that inevitable pre-Christmas wobble (if you can call it that) where everyone questions them, before they rattle off 12 consecutive wins from Feb onwards to win the league.

Rodri suspended again as well

Hoping villa get twatted next 2. Not just for our champions league hopes but I don't want to see them anywhere near challenging for a title

I think Villa win, no Rodri is massive and City don't look quite right

No doubt they'll go on a run at some point, especially when KDB is back but don't see it starting yet

The Man U game is tougher to call, would prefer a Chelsea win but a draw would probably do too

City won't do it this season, they're chasing down 2 teams not just one this time, and those two teams are a lot better than last season, and better prepared than the Arsenal of last season. If city lose tonight they're in big trouble.

They've still got to go to Anfield, got to come here and play Arsenal, if they're 6 adrift after tonight it's no guarantee them going on their 12 game winning streak will be enough.

Let's not also forget, City are a lot weaker this season than last season with the players they've lost. I just can't see it, and really do think Villa will win tonight 

Surprising lack of deranged takes from Aluko so far... also has MON got dementia? :lol:

Edit: not that there's anything funny about dementia... he just has something of the Biden about him this evening, haha. 

Edited by Elric

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

6 defenders from start, three midfielders on the bench.

Peak Pep. Making it difficult for the hell of it.

Phillips and Nunes both bought to play the roles he's playing 2 defenders

Over 100 million to not even get a look in

Mental

Edited by jack j