Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Great game. Credit to both teams and both sets of fans but in particular the ref. Just shows when you just let the majority of debatable fouls just go and blow for obvious ones how much more a game flows and players in the end just try to play football.

Both sets of fans?

em, no?

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Still not really impressed by Liverpool tbh. Trent's insane passing, VVD's defending, and Salah's finishing aside they're not all that compared to Klopp's first side and those players are all from that one.

They're clearly the front-runners in the title race imo. They're spawny but then again their solitary defeat was arguably due to the greatest VAR fuckup of all time. 

'Hopefully' Man City will come through now De Bruyne is back but if not, I think it's going to Anfield  

Just now, Yorkie said:

They're clearly the front-runners in the title race imo. They're spawny but then again their solitary defeat was arguably due to the greatest VAR fuckup of all time. 

'Hopefully' Man City will come through now De Bruyne is back but if not, I think it's going to Anfield  

Liverpool could be 6 points ahead and Man City would still be the favourites for it. Arsenal don't have the balls, Villa don't have the experience, Liverpool don't have the quality. I'll be shocked if it's anyone but them and if Liverpool win it there'll be 5 or 6 Liverpool sides in living memory who were better but won nothing.

2 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Could have sworn they said on SSN today that they were going for the quadruple. Oh well.

(The answer you are looking for is in the poster 😆)

42 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

City still favorites. Especially with KDB and Haaland to come back.

4 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

City still favorites. Especially with KDB and Haaland to come back.

Whoever wins at Anfield you’d imagine will be massive. City don’t have the best of records there but if they win that one should see them home. Much harder to predict this year as teams 3-10 can cause problems to any front runners.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Arteta will be so fucking funny to watch when they properly fall away in the league 

It will only really be funny if they miss out on Champions League again. That would mean only one visit in the last seven years, which given their spending would make FFP a significant problem for them.

6 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Liverpool could be 6 points ahead and Man City would still be the favourites for it. Arsenal don't have the balls, Villa don't have the experience, Liverpool don't have the quality. I'll be shocked if it's anyone but them and if Liverpool win it there'll be 5 or 6 Liverpool sides in living memory who were better but won nothing.

City are a monster team in the second half of the season. They play almost perfect football in the PL. This season, the chance to pull away was when Haaland, KDB, and Rodri were injured. Now they are within firing distance, and a three to six-point gap is nothing for them.