Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

That's unacceptable for a goalkeeper to concede that goal. I saw the highlights to that game, and there was a moment where he made a save and instead of moving backwards to protect his goal, he moved ahead of his defenders to receive a pass. I've never in my life seen something like that. 

Onana might have performed better in this match if he had shown up timely and acclimated himself like a normal person. The shenanigans with him staying with Man U until the literal day that AFCON started was just silliness. I think Onana is a better player than he has shown since his move to Old Trafford; that club is poisonous, it ruins careers of decent footballers. However, he has been nothing but a headache for Cameroon recently. This man left the squad during the World Cup because he could not agree with the coach and needed special accommodation for this one, all while playing rubbish. Cameroon look awful anyway, they need to beat Gambia to go through and it will not be easy.

Fascinated that Saudi Pro League average attendances, despite all the signings (and Al-Ahli being back in the top flight), are down from 9500 to 8500 this season. Football loving nation indeed. 

Just now, Ben said:

What's the point of Crystal Palace 

They're the big 6 and the PLs dream, man.

Happy with their lot competing around 12th with one or two players who are easy on the eye, bit of background noise in the stands for the international TV audience. Perfect. 

Curious what Arteta thinks about the challenge from Gabriel for the goal. Very similar to Joelinton's (against Gabriel ironically). Although in fairness Arteta never did clarify what his meltdown was in reference to.

2 minutes ago, ohmelads said:

Curious what Arteta thinks about the challenge from Gabriel for the goal. Very similar to Joelinton's (against Gabriel ironically). Although in fairness Arteta never did clarify what his meltdown was in reference to.

I thought the exact same

Took a photo and sent it to a few Arsenal fans, going to watch them talk shite now