Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

Got a cupboard full of snacks ready. Be prepared for a lot of shite mind, it's a spectacle rather than a sporting occasion if that makes sense

If I play Maddens so know the rules but no the plays so much, will I enjoy it?

Just now, Gawalls said:

You might if you can tolerate all the breaks and peripheral shite that goes on. If you can enjoy the nuances of the game, some of the best at what they do in the NFL are playing. Mahomes, McCaffrey, Warner

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Aye. I don’t know the tactics or can read a play, but I know the basic rules and game reasonably understand what is happening.

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

They kept proving me wrong last year and are doing so again this season. So what do I know :lol: But I just don’t think Man U are much good.

6th place with a 0 goal dif. It’s like us that season under Pardew. 

Game plan relies so heavily on counter attacking and riding their luck/moments of magic. They still get outplayed most weeks I watch them. 

A bit like us, injuries haven’t helped. But I still have no idea what Ten Hag’s style and identity is supposed to be? Been there plenty of time now. 

If they failed to win here. I think we’d have a chance of catching them. But just glanced their next few fixtures and they look easy enough. They have been finding a way to win of late, which is quite a decent trait to have, I suppose. 

It's just pure luck mate.

Just now, Froggy said:

It's just pure luck mate.

Well not really. That’s why I’m questioning it. As in, even saying ‘what do I know’.

I don’t watch every Man U game. Could you enlighten me? 

10 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Villa looked quite dominating for most of the game but Man u just kept numbers back and squashed any threat. Villa's decision making and final ball were poor, bit of a smash and grab but that's how they play these days.

Screenshot_20240211_184242_Samsung Internet.jpg

30 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Do like to see hopes crushed, don’t like to see Man U win. Eurgh 

I like to see home teams’ hopes crushed more so that tips the balance for me.

Edited by leffe186

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Well not really. That’s why I’m questioning it. As in, even saying ‘what do I know’.

I don’t watch every Man U game. Could you enlighten me? 

Yeah quite easily. We're better than people think. 

We've been able to play our first eleven 1.5 times in the last 6 months. 

Villa obviously dominated the second half, with everything coming down the left hand side. You can say that's because we're shite, or you could analyse it properly and see that Luke Shaw is a huge loss and our only option was to play a centre back there who had played three mins in two months. 

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Villa obviously dominated the second half, with everything coming down the left hand side. You can say that's because we're shite, or you could analyse it properly and see that Luke Shaw is a huge loss and our only option was to play a centre back there who had played three mins in two months. 

Shaw is such an important player for you, I’d argue he’s the best left back in the league.

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I was more meaning overall. Not just today. You bought a keeper to play out from the back. Then all of your ball playing defenders got injured. So that’s far from ideal, I‘ll give you that. 

But even last season. I didn’t understand what your style was other than counter attacking and it seems to have continued into this one. It’s not like you’ve got a really weak squad and no depth. Or the players available are shite. You’ve spent shit loads over the years and have a gigantic wage bill and pulling power for signings.  

Which is why I find it odd that a coach from Ajax. Hasn’t managed to implement a discernible style or philosophy (to my untrained eye, anyway) in a season and a half of being at such a big club. 

1 minute ago, black_n_white said:

Shaw is such an important player for you, I’d argue he’s the best left back in the league.

I would agree when he's at the top of his game, but the injuries are incredibly frustrating. 

The difference he and Martinez make is staggering. 

43 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

The way I see it is Man Utd will be there whether it's next year, 3 years, 5 years. Villa with the CL money next season will be a pain in the arse in us progressing. 

I agree. I just don’t dislike Villa and hate Man U. Man U are in trouble FFP wise too. 

2 hours ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Got a cupboard full of snacks ready. Be prepared for a lot of shite mind, it's a spectacle rather than a sporting occasion if that makes sense

This is true, but I have to say that for pure entertainment as a neutral I much prefer the NFL to association football these days. It's really only NUFC that keeps me engaged with our game.