Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Congrats Ivory Coast. Well deserved. They were the better team. Naija not good enough going forward at all.

They did not have a chance to get forward. Zaidu, Iwobi, and Aina made sure of this. They were abhorrent. The team has potential with a real coach, they will appoint a European nobody or an uncle.

Congrats to CIV.

11 minutes ago, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

They did not have a chance to get forward. Zaidu, Iwobi, and Aina made sure of this. They were abhorrent. The team has potential with a real coach, they will appoint a European nobody or an uncle.

Congrats to CIV.

Yeah, our setup was so defensive and unimaginative going forward the whole tournament. We were like an Allardyce or Pulis team. Such a waste of Osimhen upfront. 

Ivory Coast have a lot of talent and they went for it more. Hard to believe they weren't more convincing throughout the tournament really. Adingra was great, cooked Aina every which way. 

10 minutes ago, Wullie said:

I'd completely forgotten Cabaye playing for Palace.

Edit: wow he played more games for them than us

Was a strange one. He was never the same player again after leaving us.

10 minutes ago, Wullie said:

I remember seeing him go in two footed on one of our forgettable players for Palace from the stands and being incensed didn't get sent off. Mate wasn't so sure till we saw replay and it was a ludicrous tackle and was out of nowhere. Weird one. Loved Cabaye for us, never looked like much for Palace, but maybe their fans saw more of him being good for them?

1 minute ago, Tiresias said:

I remember seeing him go in two footed on one of our forgettable players for Palace from the stands and being incensed didn't get sent off. Mate wasn't so sure till we saw replay and it was a ludicrous tackle and was out of nowhere. Weird one. Loved Cabaye for us, never looked like much for Palace, but maybe their fans saw more of him being good for them?

Aye that rings a bell

15 minutes ago, Wullie said:

He missed a penalty for them against us

9 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

He did the Cabaye classic of putting in a horror tackle but being really apologetic about it straight away and somehow getting off with it. Sure he did similar against Sunderland for us iirc. He’d have had a tonne of reds if he played with VAR.