Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

13 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

We thought we should get a free swipe at Cash after the last one :lol:. I do think it’s not a coincidence that that’s two games in a row v them that we’ve started to get on top and one of theirs tried to break someone’s leg. Two very different results.

God’s honest truth - had a weird feeling about 4-0 beforehand. Thought it might pan out like our game there a couple of years back - Villa on top then we get a couple on the break and they have to go for it. Think the Ajax game and the injuries took their toll on Villa - we’ve got most of our players back now and are very dangerous towards the end of games.

Unfortunate Mother’s Day for my wife. Had to remind my sister not to mention the game.

Was nothing in the Cash challenge last game. Certainly wasn’t malicious. Surprised so much was made of it then I remember it was Spurs.

10 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

They've got some tough games too.

Had we been on 44 points going into Chelsea game, I'd maybe back ourselves because of not having to play any of top 3 and Spurs needing to come to us. Left it with too much too do, the Luton/Forest double a killer really.

We have too.

It’s still all up for grabs. I like where we are in terms of squad fitness and depth although if VDV is out for a while and the fullbacks get injured again we’re a bit exposed. Villa have players to come back too, although if Watkins gets injured it feels like they’re in trouble. I just don’t think Man U are good enough against the top teams and it feels like the top five now will stay that way. Long way to go though.

Just now, LFEE said:

Was nothing in the Cash challenge last game. Certainly wasn’t malicious. Surprised so much was made of it then I remember it was Spurs.

He was reckless. We were mainly angry because it fucked a guy who’d just come back from a long injury.

12 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Micah Richards saying McGinn "is not that sort of lad", well he obviously is otherwise he wouldn't have done it 

He absolutely is, one of the worst in the league for those ’get the ball and maybe break a leg in the aftermath’ challenges. Fucking buzzing that he was shown the red.

Edited by Pata

9 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

They've got some tough games too.

Had we been on 44 points going into Chelsea game, I'd maybe back ourselves because of not having to play any of top 3 and Spurs needing to come to us. Left it with too much too do, the Luton/Forest double a killer really.

Aye.  

I want Villa to get into the CL over the big 6 lot. 

Lowkey Spurs have rebuilt their entire squad in 1 summer and spent a lot of money. 7 of their players today weren’t at Spurs last season (I’m counting Udogie).  Ange has done well to make it gel so quickly but Spurs are exactly where they should be - if not higher. 

It does irk me a bit that the media don’t mention the €270m Spurs have spent in the summer when they talk about Ange’s good work. Close to half a billy in 2 years.  We spent that amount over a longer period of time, with a far inferior squad but you never hear the end of our investment in the media.  

7 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

He was reckless. We were mainly angry because it fucked a guy who’d just come back from a long injury.

Was just committed. Understand the disappointment of a player coming back from injury to get injured in the game but it was a nothing challenge. The fall was probably was what injured him rather than the contact.

Just now, OoOGazOoO said:

Hope it stays like that in the West Ham game, would be a cracking result for us.

Even a draw would be a bonus.

The new shearer aka Evan ferguson hasn't scored for months (or so it seems) seen people saying hes worth 100 million not so long back...surely not

2 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

Plenty empty seats at West Ham, Burnley still possess a threat on the break but it's looking more likely of an equaliser incoming. 

Same at Brighton who will be above us if they hold on.