Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

City are definitely dropping points like, no way does this City side win the rest of their games. Going to be horrible seeing Arsenal and their horrible fans win it

8 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

City are definitely dropping points like, no way does this City side win the rest of their games. Going to be horrible seeing Arsenal and their horrible fans win it

They could easily win the rest of their games like.

9 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

No way ? They have a pretty easy run in, and now no champions league to think about.

I'd fancy both teams to win all their remaining games, but City have got Fulham and Spurs away. If either team are going to slip, I'd say that's where it's most likely to happen.

I'm surprised any of us want City to win it. A club that faces over 100 charges of cheating.

3 minutes ago, Cronky said:

I'd fancy both teams to win all their remaining games, but City have got Fulham and Spurs away. If either team are going to slip, I'd say that's where it's most likely to happen.

I'm surprised any of us want City to win it. A club that faces over 100 charges of cheating.

Only reason for me is that I dislike Arteta and their fans. Don’t mind the club otherwise. 

Bar Europa qualification there’s absolutely nowt riding on the end of La Liga. Bit disappointing, normally about 7 teams scrapping relegation at this point.

4 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Best derby in Spain.

If you want to get a real flavor of the derby, I would really recommend the book "The frying pan of Spain" by Colin Millar. 

From listening to people like Sid Lowe, I think most people in Spain consider it to be the best, or atleast the most fierce.

2 hours ago, NUFCDoog said:

In the last 17 games they have 14 wins and 3 draws. Those draws were against Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal. Chelsea being a team that has done pretty well in games of that kind. The only real challenge for them will be Tottenham, who is in pretty bad form.

2 hours ago, Cronky said:

I don’t see a club spending their wealthy owners money as cheating. I’d rather City won it every year than the alternatives of Arsenal and Liverpool. Could probably stomach Arsenal if they binned Arteta and Havertz off but their fans are pricks. 

It cannot be done justice with words the degree to which Goldbridge is a weirdo wanker and I remain baffled daily by how he’s made an incredibly successful career out of his shite

4 hours ago, NUFCDoog said:

I have long has a soft spot for Arsenal but I’m not sure what makes their fans more ‘horrible’ than anyone else. 

Well actually I suspect it’s because there’s so many of them, so you’re naturally going to come across more idiots on social media. City don’t have nearly as many and have also had very little to worry about the past decade, so their fans are more likely to seem irrelevant/harmless. Watch them stop winning the league and they’ll become annoying though. :thup:

City will win it again and it will be so boring. 

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

It cannot be done justice with words the degree to which Goldbridge is a weirdo wanker and I remain baffled daily by how he’s made an incredibly successful career out of his shite

I almost say to fair play to him if he was just an internet entity but seeing him and folk like him becoming more mainstream is genuinely horrific. 

3 hours ago, toon25 said:

Martinelli's form completely dropped off a cliff.

He was pretty good last year. Did he get hurt? Maybe he can't stand Arteta like us.

16 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Being an Arsenal fan is an affliction

I don't remember them being this insufferable before that AFTV lot rocked up and made the world around football complete shite.

1 hour ago, St. Maximin said:

I have long has a soft spot for Arsenal but I’m not sure what makes their fans more ‘horrible’ than anyone else. 

Well actually I suspect it’s because there’s so many of them, so you’re naturally going to come across more idiots on social media. City don’t have nearly as many and have also had very little to worry about the past decade, so their fans are more likely to seem irrelevant/harmless. Watch them stop winning the league and they’ll become annoying though. :thup:

City will win it again and it will be so boring. 

My engineer on the UK team is a fantastic bloke. Big Arsenal fan and served in the British Army. Love talking football with him. Great lad for sure.

3 hours ago, Jordan said:

I don’t see a club spending their wealthy owners money as cheating. I’d rather City won it every year than the alternatives of Arsenal and Liverpool. Could probably stomach Arsenal if they binned Arteta and Havertz off but their fans are pricks. 

Not a fan of lets say Chelsea breaking/bending the rules to spend £1bn while we are restriced due to actually following them.. If Liverpool were breaking the FFP rules that we are following, would you still not mind? I would imagine that if Liverpool had 115 charges against them, pretty much everyone here would wish for the harshest punishment possible, and would definetly not make excuses that they are just spending the money of the owner. In this case it would be a very unpopular opinion to say that you don't see it as cheating.

Edited by Erikse