Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Back pissed from pub. Catching up with Match of the Day. Cracking MOTD. Been absolutely loving it, loads of action and goals. Super entertainment and Sheff U/Fulham 3-3 draw is on now lol.

IMG_3700.thumb.jpeg.0d5a3f25ac81f1f8d3ab8045091df013.jpeg

“Stern and steely”

I guess it’s okay when one of their darlings parks the bus and barely musters an attack in a Premier League game.

8 hours ago, leffe186 said:

Anyone complaining about English refs relative to those abroad should be made to look at that red card every time. It’s worse abroad, it really is. I think that might just be the worst straight red card I’ve ever seen:

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/s/8NwJElLIEz

8 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

100% worst I’ve seen. Application of VAR is a disgrace really.

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Guy was on a yellow as well, just give him a second and be done with it [emoji38]

Maybe it's just me but I'm OK with that. Much like McAllister's booking yesterday, despite the Hockler's protestations, the defender has no intention of having anything to do with the ball. Goes straight for the attacker and takes him out. Sends him flying. 

A shoulder charge is two athletes coming together with the ball at their feet. 

Obvs if he's on a yellow already then there's no need for VAR in the 1st place. As the Doc says, 2nd yellow, tara

Edited by Groundhog63

Can’t stand Arsenal fans. Apparently what they did against City was “Genius” and they “Did what they had to do”.

We all remember their reaction when we played them at Emirates last season, right? They were screaming about how we parked the bus, slowed the game and “shithoused” a draw.

:memelol:

1 hour ago, Lordshola said:

Can’t stand Arsenal fans. Apparently what they did against City was “Genius” and they “Did what they had to do”.

We all remember their reaction when we played them at Emirates last season, right? They were screaming about how we parked the bus, slowed the game and “shithoused” a draw.

:memelol:

It's very normal for football fans to be emotionally charged and come out with rubbish after being frustrated by a team they would be expected to beat. It was a great point for Arsenal and they completely nullified City at the Etihad which is almost impossible. 

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Am I missing something here? Who catches Aubameyang if he's not fouled there?

I was thinking the same myself. :lol: For me it's a clear goalscoring opportunity.

image.thumb.png.7a1f76950e3abf4955081d510c6352f3.png

There's no way that defender gets back before Aubameyang has a 1v1 with the keeper.

22 hours ago, BergenMagpie said:

Only watched our game yesterday so catching up now. These highlights are bonkers. Brentford couldve scored 10 

Manure have been so fucking jammy this season. Countless gams they've picked up more points than they deserve. cunts.

11 hours ago, leffe186 said:

Anyone complaining about English refs relative to those abroad should be made to look at that red card every time. It’s worse abroad, it really is. I think that might just be the worst straight red card I’ve ever seen:

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/s/8NwJElLIEz

Presumably that was considered a goal-scoring opportunity, in which case that goes way above the usual interpretation. English refs I would agree are more consistent.

Having said that, I would like to see the definition of 'goal-scoring opportunity' broadened a bit. At the moment, it seems in practice to be along the lines 'would probably have scored', rather than just 'had an opportunity to score'. 

If they made the punishment more appropriate ie a penalty and a yellow rather than a sending off, then I think refs would find it easier to give. Those sorts of fouls in that situation are more deserving of a penalty than some of the fouls in the area that get given.

And before anyone starts, there is no practical reason why the law can't be changed.

Decent day of Championship football on Sky:

12.30pm - Leicester vs Norwich
3pm - Stoke vs Huddersfield
5.30pm - Ipswich vs Southampton
8pm - Leeds vs Hull

Finally catching up with the Prem highlights. 

I’m like a stuck record with this. But is there a worse co-commentator than Andy Cunting Hinchcliffe?! 

Every missed chance he always immediately has the answer and tells us all what the player should be doing. Just a constant doom monger and a really whiney pitch to his voice. 

In a world where fans are constantly complaining about females in football media. This bloke gets an unbelievably easy ride. 

19 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Finally catching up with the Prem highlights. 

I’m like a stuck record with this. But is there a worse co-commentator than Andy Cunting Hinchcliffe?! 

Every missed chance he always immediately has the answer and tells us all what the player should be doing. Just a constant doom monger and a really whiney pitch to his voice. 

In a world where fans are constantly complaining about females in football media. This bloke gets an unbelievably easy ride. 

Yes, that dour cunt from Scotland who seemed to do every single one of our games when we were shit. He sat there for 90 minutes whinging about how shit we were and sounded like he'd rather be anywhere else in the world.

41 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Decent day of Championship football on Sky:

12.30pm - Leicester vs Norwich
3pm - Stoke vs Huddersfield
5.30pm - Ipswich vs Southampton
8pm - Leeds vs Hull

Think Ipswich-Southampton could be a cracker :thup:

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Yes, that dour cunt from Scotland who seemed to do every single one of our games when we were shit. He sat there for 90 minutes whinging about how shit we were and sounded like he'd rather be anywhere else in the world.

Can’t think who that is? Not ‘a power of running’ matey? The SPL pair that often do our 3pm games for the Sky commentary? I like that pair and they seem to like us. 

4 hours ago, Froggy said:

It's very normal for football fans to be emotionally charged and come out with rubbish after being frustrated by a team they would be expected to beat. It was a great point for Arsenal and they completely nullified City at the Etihad which is almost impossible. 

Aye, but they still go on about it.