Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Just now, Pilko said:

It's almost like all their spawny undeserved late luck after shit performances is coming back to bite them.

Teams eventually regress to the mean. Sometimes takes weeks, sometimes months but generally speaking they get found out and it levels out. They've been outperforming their stats for ages now and it might be time they fell back towards their norm

11 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

How many penalties do Chelsea get? Palmer has 16 goals and I think 8 of them are penalties. Is there a record for most penalties scored in a single season?

How many pens have we had this season out of interest?

7 minutes ago, toon25 said:

How many pens have we had this season out of interest?

6 in the league, 7 if you include Sunderland cup game, had to look 

Edit - it's 7, 8 if you include Sunderland, missed one of them

Edited by LionOfGosforth

19 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

What a season Palmer has had. It seems insane that there’s a chance he doesn’t go to the Euros.

Is there a chance of that? I mean, I know Southgate has his favourites and he doesn’t seem too keen on technical players in attacking positions. But there is no way he doesn’t go to the Euros, surely?

8 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

6 in the league, 7 if you include Sunderland cup game, had to look 

Edit - it's 7, 8 if you include Sunderland, missed one of them

Eh when the hell did we miss a pen?

1 minute ago, LionOfGosforth said:

I meant I had missed one pen off the list, said 6 but it's actually 7 in the league

Oh :thup: 

Sadly due to miss one aren’t we :lol: can’t remember the last time we missed one. 

edit: not including Chelsea in cup shootout of course. Never been so sure of someone missing as Trippier. 

Edited by Chicken Dancer

8 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

Don’t forget Howe tried to get him on loan in his first transfer window with us.

https://theathletic.com/3686569/2021/12/23/man-city-wont-replace-torres-in-january-after-rejecting-newcastles-palmer-loan-bid/

Wow ... actually forgot about this.

Probably would have gone for him if he hadn't been made available so late in the window after we had already spent our money.

34 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Man Utd emergency loan for Paul Dummett incoming?

As long as they pay oh lets say £25million to cover the loan fee! 🤣

Edited by Joe1984

Ten Hag's English is absolutely woeful. He's Dutch it should be relatively easy for him. I'm not a native English speaker and I find his interviews shocking tbh.

Edited by Donut

5 minutes ago, Donut said:

Ten Hag's English is absolutely woeful. He's Dutch it should be relatively easy for him. I'm not a native English speaker and I find his interviews shocking tbh.

That's a bit harsh.

Although I just watched his post match interview and he looked edgy as fuck.

He looked like i do when my Mrs looks over my shoulder at my internet banking and notices something I'd rather she didn't see.

Yeahbutnobutit'slikenothingit'ssortofyeahbutyeah *wobble*

Watching a “Classic” Chelsea v Man U on Sky, think it’s from 2012 or thereabouts. Have to say it’s an absolutely cracking game. Both teams high speed, breathless football, Rooney is just brilliant, everyone on both sides playing really well. Enjoying it far more than I expected. Maybe because at this remove I don’t really care? Or maybe the football is just…better? Dunno. Jonny Evans at CB btw :lol:

8 minutes ago, brummie said:

That's a bit harsh.

Although I just watched his post match interview and he looked edgy as fuck.

He looked like i do when my Mrs looks over my shoulder at my internet banking and notices something I'd rather she didn't see.

Yeahbutnobutit'slikenothingit'ssortofyeahbutyeah *wobble*

15 minutes ago, Donut said:

I might be wrong. But he sounds like he has a bit of a speech impediment. I guess this could make it worse for him? 

The Brits are terrible at learning other languages or even attempting the odd sentence. So as much as I can't stand the bloke or the club he represents. I wouldn’t criticise him for bad English.