Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

A season like this in The Championship you should be able to just say 4 up, 4 down, no Play-Offs. Going to be very unlucky that 1-2 of those 4 clubs are not going to get promotion.

Especially given the shite stinking up the PL this season 

8 minutes ago, Sima said:

That Gabriel incident is outrageous.  How the fuck isn't that a penalty?

I completely understand it, and agree with it, common sense got used for once. 

And of course Arsenal fans would entirely agree if the shoe was on the other foot? :lol:

Fair and sensible bunch that they are.

So when they lose the title by a point, they can point to the Joelinton "push" as the reason they didn't win the league but when they get to the CL final, we can point to the ref doing them favours.

No way.  As "clear and obvious" as it gets imo.

I'd say exactly the same if Schar/Botman/Burn/Lascelles had done that.  I'd be calling them all of the thick cunts under the sun.

It's schoolboy stuff.

Edited by Sima

2 minutes ago, STM said:

And of course Arsenal fans would entirely agree if the shoe was on the other foot? :lol:

Fair and sensible bunch that they are.

So when they lose the title by a point, they can point to the Joelinton "push" as the reason they didn't win the league but when they get to the CL final, we can point to the ref doing them favours.

It’s not the same thing tbf. 

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

It’s not the same thing tbf. 

I know. :lol:

Just have no sympathy for Arsenal fans whatsoever. Bunch of cry baby cunts.

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

A season like this in The Championship you should be able to just say 4 up, 4 down, no Play-Offs. Going to be very unlucky that 1-2 of those 4 clubs are not going to get promotion.

If it was Serie B then it would be very close to being 3 up and no play offs. If 3rd is ahead of 4th by 10 points or more. 

That said I don't have huge sympathy for the 3 that have come down. They have enormous financial advantages over rest of the league, which they have leveraged further.

Edited by ponsaelius

22 minutes ago, Sima said:

No way.  As "clear and obvious" as it gets imo.

I'd say exactly the same if Schar/Botman/Burn/Lascelles had done that.  I'd be calling them all of the thick cunts under the sun.

It's schoolboy stuff.

It is. I think that if there were BM players really putting them under pressure there then the ref would give it as it would be a pretty transparent cheat to deny a goal scoring opportunity. It just seemed from the vid that they were in the general vicinity but not pressing, and that there was at least a significant chance that Gabriel was just making an honest mistake - and I think the ref got  both penalty decisions right. I really think that we need to be more careful when giving penalties in general, although obviously it’s stupid when different refs apply different rules.

There was a Forest player on Sunday who did one of those tackles where you make the tackle but follow through and catch the guy on the knee. Looks awful on VAR. He got booked and not sent off. I think it was the right decision - I think it’s too difficult to ascertain intent and you need to be absolutely sure with red cards - but we’ve also had two separate players sent off this season for identical tackles. Exactly the same. Do one or the other. It’s the inconsistencies that really drive people nuts.

4 hours ago, Sima said:

That Gabriel incident is outrageous.  How the fuck isn't that a penalty?

Because that ("fouls" like that) happen all the time. It is an idiotic thing to do, but they don't get any advantage doing that.

3 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

If it was Serie B then it would be very close to being 3 up and no play offs. If 3rd is ahead of 4th by 10 points or more. 

That said I don't have huge sympathy for the 3 that have come down. They have enormous financial advantages over rest of the league, which they have leveraged further.

Every day's a school day, didn't know that but it's a sound idea. 

Your 2nd point stand too. 

9 hours ago, 54 said:

I completely understand it, and agree with it, common sense got used for once. 

Think it's extremely childish from Tuchel to cry about that, he honestly thinks they deserve a pen for that ffs? Ref had said that it's a kid's mistake and he's not going to give a penalty for that in a Champions League QF and I completely agree. Refreshing to see some common sense used, wish it would happen more often.

Sky have the least interesting match in Swansea vs Stoke on their main channel which is so much better than the red button coverage.

Stoke still down towards the bottom end, but you can get 16/1 on them going down, so not likely, and Swansea's season is effectively over.

I keep looking at PSG thinking - we absolutely destroyed these lot.  Come on Barca !!

Edited by duo

23 minutes ago, duo said:

A bit of a gutter that we should be in the QF if we weren't robbed at PSG

Yeah I would’ve fancied us against Sociedad. Just remembering we literally had 11 players for that 2nd leg. A season of what might’ve beens…