Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

3 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Shameful performance from West Ham even before the goals

So glad they didn't get a decent result. 

Didn't bother watching more than 5 mins of that game, the way they were camped in their box.

Was having flashbacks of the Bruce era.

3 minutes ago, Nine said:

Trying to deploy Gomez in that creative TAA role just strikes me as arrogance from Klopp

Never ever rated him as a footballer. 

Just now, GeordieDazzler said:

Boniface trolling Kudus celebration on the second 

Nearly ended up knocking himself out on the advertising 

Just seen that Liverpool score. Holy shitballs, get in. Couldn't give a fuck about the coefficient; ridiculous that five English teams should go into that competition anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Just seen that Liverpool score. Holy shitballs, get in. Couldn't give a fuck about the coefficient; ridiculous that five English teams should go into that competition anyway. 

Same.  8th in the league alone shouldn’t be enough to qualify for Europe.  It’s mid table.

Edited by Sima

41 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Not when you see the comparative quality of the teams taking their place.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Not when you see the comparative quality of the teams taking their place.

As things stand we're looking at Villa or Roma for that fifth-placed qualifier, aren't we?

Besides, theoretically weaker sides/leagues gaining the advantage (over those who barely need the help) is a good thing. 

Always have this contrarian view of "other" English clubs in Europe. I used to love it when they did well. Forest, Villa, Ipswich even Liverpool, tbf. 

Admired the Dundees, Aberdeens as well, as it goes. 

At some point I went the total opposite. Probs coincided with the realisation that "minnows" can't make it anymore and the same teams do, over and over. 

Anyways it's a no lose situation because, whilst I'm still patriotic enough to want them to win, if they lose I'm still happy 😂

Still chuckling at Klopp's bracket last night. 

59 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Always have this contrarian view of "other" English clubs in Europe. I used to love it when they did well. Forest, Villa, Ipswich even Liverpool, tbf. 

Admired the Dundees, Aberdeens as well, as it goes. 

At some point I went the total opposite. Probs coincided with the realisation that "minnows" can't make it anymore and the same teams do, over and over. 

Anyways it's a no lose situation because, whilst I'm still patriotic enough to want them to win, if they lose I'm still happy 😂

Still chuckling at Klopp's bracket last night. 

I’m exactly the same. Used to root for all British sides (except Arsenal) but it flipped. I will forever remember a Villa v Barça tie some time in the 80s where the Barça players just completely lost the plot and started kicking everyone. I didn’t like Barça from that moment on.

I’m not sure when it changed but I suspect it was with the advent of the Premier League and the influx of money. Might have been the Champions League?