Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

17 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

So was giving the keeper a penalty to take, even though he scored. Weird. 

Guardiola has been going on for ages that Ederson is supposed to be the best pen taker in training tbf. He was flirting with the idea of him being pen taker when they had that run of everybody missing (perhaps not fully seriously).

27 minutes ago, Kanji said:

tadic and Dortmund for me, says a lot that 2 from our group are in the bloody semis. 

Without a dodgy referring decision in Paris, we might have been the only English team in the semis! Imagine, that… no doubt with three keepers and three academy players on the bench, Paully D doing his funky thang, and Matt’s magic hat being revived at the sharp end of the Champions League! 

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Oh god, I just realised the absolute rim job everyone is going to give Mbappe if it's a PSG Vs Real Madrid final, that build up is going to be pure :anguish:

I’m rooting for PSG, just so we can ‘do a Scotland’ (after ‘66 World Cup) and claim to be champions of Europe as we thrashed the winners.   

Bit of a mad comment from Pep saying Haaland and De Bruyne asked to be taken off. I'm not a dinosaur but sports science or not 2 of probably the top 10 players in the world should not be asking to come off in a massive Champions League game unless one of their legs is falling off

8 hours ago, Mattoon said:

Am I the only one that doesn't care what City win? Could have done with the coefficient as a safety net.

No, you're not. The FFP evidence against them is overwhelming and that gives the whole enterprise an unreal flavour. They also stifle teams and are boring to watch.

8 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I’m rooting for PSG, just so we can ‘do a Scotland’ (after ‘66 World Cup) and claim to be champions of Europe as we thrashed the winners.   

Saudi beat Argentine. They won the WC. We beat PSG. They win CL. It's all coming togther!

Man City, for all their money and talent, are one of the most boring teams to watch. Its too methodical, almost the point of perfection. Its little wonder Pep seems most alive after he's had a game of chaos against teams that have ran at City and blown their systematic approach to ball retention out of the water.

1 hour ago, OCK said:

Man City, for all their money and talent, are one of the most boring teams to watch. Its too methodical, almost the point of perfection. Its little wonder Pep seems most alive after he's had a game of chaos against teams that have ran at City and blown their systematic approach to ball retention out of the water.

This is a big reason as to why I'm tired of them winning the league over and over. I hate watching them play, it doesn't excite me at all. It's all so predictable and controlled. As much as we don't like them, I would much rather watch Arsenal or Liverpool play. I'd say Arsenal plays the most exciting football out of the 3.

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Was just thinking.. Cole Palmer plays with so much swagger and freedom at Chelsea. He would never be given that license if he stayed at City.

Imagine how good Foden would be at Madrid under Carlo? Given license to just ball out.

Grealish and Haaland would do incredible things at a different club. Maybe Haaland wouldn't score even more, but atleast the goals would look more spectacular. I miss seeing Haaland use his pace to run away from defenders. I just dislike how certain players look at City, where they allways face low blocks and aren't given much freedom. But, obviously that system works wonders for them.

4 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Grealish and Haaland would do incredible things at a different club. Maybe Haaland wouldn't score even more, but atleast the goals would look more spectacular. I miss seeing Haaland use his pace to run away from defenders. I just dislike how certain players look at City, where they allways face low blocks and aren't given much freedom. But, obviously that system works wonders for them.

Haaland at Real would be lethal too.

So Arsenal have knocked Tottenham out of next season's Champions League by losing to Harry Kane and Eric Dier and City couldn't handle 5 penalties...imagine if they faced 115. 

Hopefully City win the cup and therefore not too much of an effect on us?

Grealish has won his trophies so I doubt he cares, but he never seemed to truly align with City’s ethos and playing style.

He has a rugged, individualistic aspect to his game, which defines and separates him from other players.

I don’t think the management nor culture of modern-day Manchester City is the destination for that type of player.

Perhaps somewhere like Man United, Liverpool or Chelsea would have been more exciting, if not necessarily more fruitful in terms of honours won.

Edited by TheInfiniteOdyssey

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

So Arsenal have knocked Tottenham out of next season's Champions League by losing to Harry Kane and Eric Dier and City couldn't handle 5 penalties...imagine if they faced 115. 

Hopefully City win the cup and therefore not too much of an effect on us?

Emoji Laughing GIF by MOODMAN