Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

9 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Yay, the team I support are less likely to get into Europe. It warms my heart, what a great night for football.

Well yeah. Seeing the favourites get dumped out - and their vanquishers enjoy a historic win - is always a good thing, especially when it's Liverpool. 

I don't get hung up on the coefficient situation at all. I would sooner truly merit qualification for the Champions League than be gifted it through a lax qualification regime. 

The Europa League is just as capable of delivering famous nights as the Champions League anyway.

Just now, Yorkie said:

Well yeah. Seeing the favourites get dumped out - and their vanquishers enjoy a historic win - is always a good thing, especially when it's Liverpool. 

I don't get hung up on the coefficient situation at all. I would sooner truly merit qualification for the Champions League than be gifted it through a lax qualification regime. 

The Europa League is just a capable of delivering famous nights as the Champions League anyway.

You're completely mental, sorry. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Teslact said:

I only switched over to the West Ham game after the end of the Liverpool game. Why was Zouma so upset at the ref?

Wouldn't let him kick his cat.

8 minutes ago, Teslact said:

I only switched over to the West Ham game after the end of the Liverpool game. Why was Zouma so upset at the ref?

Was on a stag do this week 

13 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

You're completely mental, sorry. :lol:

Nah I'm with him. Coefficient is far too nerdy and hypothetical to get invested in, when delicious schadenfreude is on offer.

Plus it was basically already gone anyway after last night.

Edited by ponsaelius

I think all we can do now is to just win as may points as we can from the last 6 games and see what it brings us. No worrying or fretting about things beyond our control just focus on us and take the rewards or consequences. 6th and EL? Champion, good for the profile and income. 7th and CL? No bother, good chance of a trophy and a little bit of glory. 7th and no Europe? Bit of a blow but fair enough but we can put all of our efforts into getting top 5 next season without the extra European fixtures. 

Just need to roll with the punches and try and enjoy it regardless come what may :) 

11 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Righto. 

If you're at the point where your disdain for English dominance in Europe (a phase just like any other) is encroaching on your support for Newcastle qualifying for the best European competition possible, is it not time to ask whether you're sipping on the kool aid a bit?

Edited by Kid Icarus

But Liverpool said they should of had our place in the champions league as they'd be challengers for the trophy. 😂 Then they get pumped off the first decent team they faced.