Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

2 minutes ago, Smal said:

The top teams have become even more boring since Pep started making playing 4 CBs a thing. Everything is about keeping the ball and stopping counter attacks. It's probably the most negative/defensive style out there and Arteta has been doing it on steroids this season.

The proto-Pep.

image.png.58047cbf1f3ca6bade521b65dc0ed666.png

Shitty behaviour from the Arsenal players there. Lemina obviously in quite a bit of pain holding his back (after being knees full speed by Raya) and they're just stepping over him and fiat bumping Raya. Just go around him, arrogant pricks.

Not having the best team be at 100% for every game is just as well but can sort of go along with Pep on that and I'll tell him whose fault it is.

Whatever greedy c*nts decided to have both semi-finals at Wembley, probably the same ones that decided to do away with replays.

Prior to that both would have been on a Sunday

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

So glad Carlo’s boy mudded this guy annd his team again.  

They're all cunts to be fair. I think Pep has a fair point here though.

2 hours ago, The Butcher said:

The cheek of this cunt. Use your squad worth hundreds of billions, you absolute prick.

A day after the FA Cup restructure as well. I know it's not exactly Newsnight but I thought Lineker had an opportunity there that he didn't take.

It's not a straightforward debate imo. Is there too significant a strain on footballers these days? Yes, they're treated like commodities. Do the likes of Man City have the resources to handle that strain better than most? Also yes. But then, how can we crow about the Cup being disrespected, but in the next breath chastise Pep for wanting to pick his very best side in that competition? He's between a rock and a hard place wherever he stands imo. 

If there's anything he said there which is ridiculous, it's the notion that him lobbying the FA would be ineffective. Only yesterday there was extremely compelling evidence to the contrary.

30 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It's not a straightforward debate imo. Is there too significant a strain on footballers these days? Yes, they're treated like commodities. Do the likes of Man City have the resources to handle that strain better than most? Also yes. But then, how can we crow about the Cup being disrespected, but in the next breath chastise Pep for wanting to pick his very best side in that competition? He's between a rock and a hard place wherever he stands imo. 

If there's anything he said there which is ridiculous, it's the notion that him lobbying the FA would be ineffective. Only yesterday there was extremely compelling evidence to the contrary.

For me it's that it's a shared burden, but because of the way the have and have nots in football are viewed, the strains on the likes of Man City are unacceptable, but the same strains on 90% of the league is a 'get on with it' because it can't possibly be as important. Then it's doubled down on by getting rid of replays, the one thing that the have nots benefit from.

It's unbelievably tone deaf and poor me from the football 1%. I swear that football is an allegory for real life at times like and a lot of the shit going on can be explained through similar situations within football.

Yes, the players end up playing too many games, but Pep is the last person who should be complaining. In fact, City have been able to take advantage of the situation. They effectively have two first teams and can easily rotate the squad whilst their opponents are forced to field the same players.

1 minute ago, Cronky said:

Yes, the players end up playing too many games, but Pep is the last person who should be complaining. In fact, City have been able to take advantage of the situation. They effectively have two first teams and can easily rotate the squad whilst their opponents are forced to field the same players.

Wasn’t complaining in January when he was able to play the Oscar Bobb’s in his squad whilst we were flogging our only 11 fit players into the ground.