Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

I'm glad Forrest have said that.  Somebody has too when it's so blatantly corrupt.  I just hope they mean it and it's not just some crazy twitter loon at the club gone rogue, which unfortunately it probably is.  The argument that no matter how much you're cheated you must simply be dignified, swallow it and move on, is frankly bullshit.

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Cant blame them to be honest. Fucking joke some of them decisions. Good to see a club not just sitting back and being fucked over

And now the FA can fine the club. This will lead to another FFP issue and another point deduction, followed by another appeal.

The cycle continues...

Just now, Teasy said:

I'm glad Forrest have said that.  Somebody has too when it's so blatantly corrupt.  I just hope they mean it and it's not just some crazy twitter loon at the club gone rogue, which unfortunately it probably is.  The argument that no matter how much you're cheated you must simply be dignified, swallow it and move on, is frankly bullshit.

But given that almost every fan, player, manager or club disagrees with a large percentage of decisions that go against them, surely it’s a bit unwise to be spouting off about it? 

McTom is great at arriving in the box late and has an eye for goal but the rest of his game is sub-standard, you're basically sacrificing a midfield place for a goal every 3-4 games. He'd be perfect for team like Everton.

Just now, STM said:

Which was my point.

I don't want us to sign him but he's made a few people look quite silly.

He's clearly a decent player...for someone.

Yeah, I agree.

The role he's playing today suits him very well, as a number 8 that looks to exploit space in the final third.

You don't want him dropping deep or showing for the ball really.

Let the other midfielders control the game.

4 minutes ago, jack j said:

Cant blame them to be honest. Fucking joke some of them decisions. Good to see a club not just sitting back and being fucked over

I can.  It’s a petulant and childish response - and a Forest win wouldn’t be any less damaging for Luton than an Everton win.  To accuse the referee of acting in the interest of Luton brings the game into disrepute.  Forest should be charged - and whoever runs their Twitter account should have their toys taken away

21 minutes ago, Disco said:

The absolute state of Notts Forest. Clatts been on the drink?

Not condoning it but the bits of the game I saw thought Young give away two penalties. At least one with the handball. Was very telling how sheepish he looked after both incidents.

Just now, Mattoon said:

McTom is great at arriving in the box late and has an eye for goal but the rest of his game is sub-standard, you're basically sacrificing a midfield place for a goal every 3-4 games. He'd be perfect for team like Everton.

I think teams like Everton that can't use the ball at all are the worst teams for him in this role he's playing today.

You'd want him playing with other midfielders that can initiate play and move the ball around, while he pushes up in support of the striker.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

So with that in mind and rewind several month when many on here thought we should be trying to get Harrison shows the lad is no mug. Thought he stood out at Burnley too the time I saw him play for them. I’m sure he’ll be a bit inconsistent hence never reaching further heights but definitely not a player to deride.

He's an above average player with ability, but he seems to stand out in poor teams. I'd be interested to see him somewhere like Wolves or similar where they aren't as one dimensional going forward as Everton are.

I don’t think a social media admin will have tweeted that. They won’t have the authority to say something like “NFFC will now consider its options”. It must’ve been someone higher up with access to the account.

Forest obviously have every right to be fuming, however singling out an official and publcially accusing them of unprofessional bias is low. Wonder if the reason all our refs are shit is because nobody who isnt overly officious and egotistical ends up wanting to be refs. I would expect clubs to maintain a measure of composure as well, we've all made mad accusations in the minutes after final whistle when we feel we have been robbed. The official may well be able to take them to court for libel. 

I never saw the Forest game, so don’t know what’s happened, but nothing will change in regards to the referees until clubs start calling them out on it.

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH time to turn off the footy? :lol: Unfortunately West Ham is away so can't even view that as their track field stadium empties.