Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

It was a foul. Bigger travesty that the ref didn't spot it in real time.

I've got US commentary and they spotted the push in real time. That tells you alot.

I thought it was a foul in real time, although probably the bias coming through, but it was soft, and Carlos didn't really complain at the time, not straightaway anyway, but once he goes to the monitor, it's always getting chalked off. Looking like 7th will go right to the wire.

5 minutes ago, High Five o said:

It’s a clear fucking foul man. How can people have watched football for years and not see that. 

When we beat Arsenal at home and they were claiming Joelinton had fouled Gabriel from behind in the leadup, when going up for the header in the box, was that a foul?

Edited by KaKa

Just now, KaKa said:

When we beat Arsenal at home and they were claiming Joelinton had fouled Gabriel from behind in the leadup when going up for the header, was that a foul?

Beat me to it [emoji38]

Just now, KaKa said:

When we beat Arsenal at home and they were claiming Joelinton had fouled Gabriel from behind in the leadup when going up for the header, was that a foul?

Not even the same thing. 

Carlos is stood under the ball about to head it clear but is shoved in the back and ends up 2 yards away and unable to challenge for the ball. It’s really as clear a foul as it gets.

3 minutes ago, Smal said:

Carlos is stood under the ball about to head it clear but is shoved in the back and ends up 2 yards away and unable to challenge for the ball. It’s really as clear a foul as it gets.

I don’t understand how anyone can watch it and not see exactly this :dowie:

8 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

I don’t understand how anyone can watch it and not see exactly this :dowie:

Not debating it, more that VAR is shit.

i) you can't fully celebrate a goal.

ii) in my book, its re-reffing the game.

iii) if the ref has seem it, he's not given it knowing VAR will take a look at it.

I didn't think it was a foul tbh. Yeah he nudged him but he caught him off balance. 

Would that have been given as a penalty if it was reversed? I don't think so.

Edited by Scotty66

I don't think it's a foul as he uses his body, especially for VAR to intervene. Would be different if he shoves him with his hands but that's just winning a duel with strength against one of the strongest players in the league.

If Joelinton does that and the goal is disallowed, everyone would be crying about it saying Joelinton gets punished for being stronger. :lol:

The North London derby is one of my favourite fixtures to watch as a neutral, so I'm looking forward to that tomorrow.#

Not sure who I want to win, probably want the NL clubs to finish 1st and 4th, but they both need to keep winning for that to happen, and a draw doesn't do either much good, although probably favours Tottenham. Any dropped points for Arsenal and it's pretty much over, but I'd like Tottenham to go into their match with Chelsea on Thursday with some confidence and belief, so probably just hoping for a good game and for their to be a winner.

20 minutes ago, KaKa said:

When we beat Arsenal at home and they were claiming Joelinton had fouled Gabriel from behind in the leadup, when going up for the header in the box, was that a foul?

Just confirms my point really. If you can not see that those two situations are completely different I can’t really help you.

3 minutes ago, High Five o said:

Just confirms my point really. If you can not see that those two situations are completely different I can’t really help you.

Perfect, thanks.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Absolutely erect at that beef between Salah and Klopp.

Shocking end to things for Klopp at Liverpool. Pretty disgraceful actually.

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Absolutely erect at that beef between Salah and Klopp.

Wow, that's beautiful. Had no idea it happened.

11 minutes ago, Pata said:

If Joelinton does that and the goal is disallowed, everyone would be crying about it saying Joelinton gets punished for being stronger. :lol:

Possibly, but it wasn’t Joelinton, it wasn’t us, it was Chelsea, and fuck them.

Just had a look and I was surprised by how much of an obvious foul I thought it was, given the debate it's causing :lol:

Very clearly cynically shoves Carlos in the back to move him out of position. Wasn't a clash in an attempt to challenge for the ball, he blatantly plays the man.

I'd be all up for removing VAR mind, it's such shite even if I do think the right decision has ultimately been reached in this instance.

10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Shocking end to things for Klopp at Liverpool. Pretty disgraceful actually.

Soon to enter last year 

Salah

Van Dijk

Trent

I”d be shocked if R Madrid aren’t looking at Trent as the Carvajal replacement - also Jude is his best mate 

3 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Soon to enter last year 

Salah

Van Dijk

Trent

I”d be shocked if R Madrid aren’t looking at Trent as the Carvajal replacement - also Jude is his best mate 

Yeah, could get interesting at Liverpool.

That Michael Edwards is sharp though, so he might actually keep them stable, but let's see.