Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Just now, toon25 said:

Christ, if there's one club I'd like to go under, it's Everton.

Circling the bowl for the last 3/4 seasons despite spending half a billion quid. 

I honestly think they could go into administration if they go down and really want it to happen.

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Those teams are bottom for a reason. I imagine if you look at the history of top 6 sides playing bottom 6 sides in the last 5 games or so, the teams in the top 6 win the majority.

Obviously you get freak run-ins that go against the grain like Wigan under Martinez and Sunderland, but the majority will go to form. 

Thought I'd look at the last 2 seasons just to see what the stats look like. Bottom 6 clubs v top 6 clubs in the last 8 games of the season.

P33 W3 D4 L26 F21 A86

They're so open. I get the fact they've got to throw a few bodies forward to get themselves back into it but even so, they're not even marking and leaving player with 20 yards of space to play and run into. Shocking stuff from Brighton so far

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Thought I'd look at the last 2 seasons just to see what the stats look like. Bottom 6 clubs v top 6 clubs in the last 8 games of the season.

P33 W3 D4 L26 F21 A86

Interesting stats ??  By top 6 and bottom 6 are these at the time of the game or the table at the end of the season?

2 minutes ago, midds said:

They're so open. I get the fact they've got to throw a few bodies forward to get themselves back into it but even so, they're not even marking and leaving player with 20 yards of space to play and run into. Shocking stuff from Brighton so far

Bit of tiredness I suspect from Brighton too. Everton have played them perfectly mind. Close down the half spaces in the middle. Makes me wonder if we’d try similar or whether we’ll just stick to our own game.

1 minute ago, midds said:

They aren't just leaving people open though.

The front four for Everton are great ball carriers in space, and Dyche has set them up perfectly to sit deeper, draw Brighton forward and break on them when they clear the ball. As soon as the ball gets to McNeill, Iwobi, Doucoure and DCL they are eating up space and taking advantage on the counter.

Brighton look very susceptible to defending against these counter attacks. Hope it's something we look to capitalise on when we play them also.

2 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

As hilarious as Everton getting relegated would be we do need Brighton to drop some points. Everton are already being punished by having Dyche in charge next season.

Let’s stop degrading Dyche, please. Let’s have a laugh with him, not at him. Let’s have a laugh at Everton, with Dyche, at Brighton

2 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Interesting stats ??  By top 6 and bottom 6 are these at the time of the game or the table at the end of the season?

Christ I wouldn't have the patience to research that. :lol:

Just used the bottom 6 sides at the end of the season to get some sort of idea. 

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

They aren't just leaving people open though.

The front four for Everton are great ball carriers in space, and Dyche has set them up perfectly to sit deeper, draw Brighton forward and break on them when they clear the ball. As soon as the ball gets to McNeill, Iwobi, Doucoure and DCL they are eating up space and taking advantage on the counter.

Brighton look very susceptible to defending against these counter attacks. Hope it's something we look to capitalise on when we play them also.

Agree. Just showing whole pitch footage there and Everton basically split into to teams when they break - back 5 and front 6 with about 70 yards between them. Sure Eddie is watching on but this only happens with that very early goal imo. If that goes wide then Everton can't do what they've done. That goal allowed them to put their plan into place perfectly and they've done them a few times, could easily be 0-5 tbh, fair play. 

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Let’s stop degrading Dyche, please. Let’s have a laugh with him, not at him. Let’s have a laugh at Everton, with Dyche, at Brighton

Understand Captain America GIF

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Christ I wouldn't have the patience to research that. :lol:

Just used the bottom 6 sides at the end of the season to get some sort of idea. 

Lol yeah ?.  But it makes the stat somewhat self fulfilling.  If someone in the bottom six beat a team in the top six in the last 8 games there is a decent chance they dont end up bottom six (and vice versa).  Still like the stat!