Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Christ I wouldn't have the patience to research that. :lol:

Just used the bottom 6 sides at the end of the season to get some sort of idea. 

We’ll do it ands check back here at full time and tell us 

1 minute ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Lol yeah ?.  But it makes the stat somewhat self fulfilling.  If someone in the bottom six beat a team in the top six in the last 8 games there is a decent chance they dont end up bottom six (and vice versa).  Still like the stat!

Could narrow it to bottom 4 v top 6 maybe because you'd know those bottom 4 will all have been in trouble to the end but it gives an idea anyway. CBA for that though took about 20 minutes to work that out. :lol:

Teams are down there because they're shite in general regardless of whether they have 'fight' though. If we perform then we'll win both. 

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Could narrow it to bottom 4 v top 6 maybe because you'd know those bottom 4 will all have been in trouble to the end but it gives an idea anyway. CBA for that though took about 20 minutes to work that out. :lol:

Teams are down there because they're shite in general regardless of whether they have 'fight' though. If we perform then we'll win both. 

Agreed.  Liverpool are showing what experience and not letting the situation get to you can do to minimise the risk of losing against the odds.  I would wildly speculate that if you looked at the stats for teams like us pushing for it for the first time they would not be as good.  Stay calm, play our game and we should nail it.

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

13 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Agreed.  Liverpool are showing what experience and not letting the situation get to you can do to minimise the risk of losing against the odds.  I would wildly speculate that if you looked at the stats for teams like us pushing for it for the first time they would not be as good.  Stay calm, play our game and we should nail it.

Off the top of my head that seems right. Remember inexperienced contenders falling away and the experienced one's not. Leicester being a obvious exception (and Man United's total (and brushed under the carpet) collapse in 98).  Lot of title collapses (even from some that won it - Leeds and Blackburn) from newbies to a sides that had more experience.  Of which we have first hand experience of course and actually finished the second season of finishing 2nd strongly.

Lot to be said for it.

Edited by Wolfcastle

3 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Evan Ferguson is HIM. He’s gonna be some player 

gives Shearer vibes for me. I would be up for spunking £50m or whatever on him in the summer.