Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

4 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Maybe so but it doesn't change the fact that Brighton are still able to overtake us. 

This just means Brighton will be more up for it against us - imo.  Most important thing is we win our own games.

Edited by duo

Think Everton are showing exactly how you deal with Brighton here. Man Utd did it last week pretty well too (obviously lost, but that's because they were poor with the ball). Defend extremely narrow to combat their box midfield and do not press their centre backs at all. 

5 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Maybe so but it doesn't change the fact that Brighton are still able to overtake us. 

I miss the days when the other games thread was about talking about the other games and everything wasn’t made about us ?

Just now, Gawalls said:

I miss the days when the other games thread was about talking about the other games and everything wasn’t made about us ?

Aye, I miss the days when we were utter shit too

Just now, wormy said:

Jesus. Not been able to watch. What on earth has happened? Brighton utter shite or have Everton upped their game? 

Bit of both.

Just now, Gawalls said:

The two aren’t linked

We talk about other games because they impact us going for champions league places. We wouldn’t be talking about it if we were due to finish 14th. It’s only natural that we’re mostly looking at games through a lens of how it affects us given we’ve been starved of this situation for two decades