Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Bit of a humiliation for Palace here. Interesting how Lampard is a ‘PFM’ but Vieira seems to be this exciting up and coming manager. 

Everton seem to be in a much better place since Rafa left even if they’re still a bit crap. 

Edited by St. Maximin

1 minute ago, St. Maximin said:

Interesting how Lampard is a ‘PFM’ but Vieira seems to be this exciting up and coming manager. 

They were shit against us but Lampard's done a quite respectable job tbf. Iwobi's been brilliant this season.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

They were shit against us but Lampard's done a quite respectable job tbf. Iwobi's been brilliant this season.

He was brilliant just there on their 3rd goal. They'll win plenty of home games and have no bother staying up like. Palace on the other hand look poor, can't believe we didn't beat them

1 minute ago, LionOfGosforth said:

He was brilliant just there on their 3rd goal. They'll win plenty of home games and have no bother staying up like. Palace on the other hand look poor, can't believe we didn't beat them

Aye, Goodison kept them up last season pretty much. They'll be in no bother at all but likely won't do much better than 10th. 

Palace are overrated because they don't get battered by the big sides at home imo. And we did beat them, 1-0 win in my book. :lol: Absolute robbery that was ffs, we'd be 4th right now with those extra 2 points.

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

hate to be that guy but Vieira will probably get more time on some affirmative action type thing. Not that he would even want it. Just how the world is going nowadays. 

Just now, joeyt said:

Keane tring to put up a defence for Ronaldo's actions. Embarassing

Was thinking that. Any other player carries on like Ronaldo did in Wednesday or all season for that matter would be getting lynched.

Would probably cost a fair wedge but Man Utd are better off just terminating Ronaldo's contract and getting rid. Every week it seems to be all about him even when he's not playing rather than how well they've been doing of late under ten Hag.

4 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Like Hughton in his last few jobs?

Not like that at all. You just hear peeps in the press about Vieira being black before other things are mentioned. Feel like he’s willed on a little more. Personally I don’t think his race should be mentioned at all but it is. 

Edited by Astroblack

29 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

Bit of a humiliation for Palace here. Interesting how Lampard is a ‘PFM’ but Vieira seems to be this exciting up and coming manager. 

Everton seem to be in a much better place since Rafa left even if they’re still a bit crap. 

Aye I see people fawning over Vieira recently and I’m not sure why tbh. They were shite up here and have been most of the time I’ve seen them recently despite having some very good players. 

23 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

hate to be that guy but Vieira will probably get more time on some affirmative action type thing. Not that he would even want it. Just how the world is going nowadays. 

Hate to be "that guy" but be that guy anyway. 

What a load of shite. 

2 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Hate to be "that guy" but be that guy anyway. 

What a load of shite. 

i wouldn’t say it if it wasn’t mentioned. And the fact that people are “wondering why” tells me everything I need to know. Everyone wants him to do well and break barriers. 

Said it last season but Vieira has done a good job in terms of changing the style of play at Palace, but the praise he gets is OTT. You'd think he's turned them from bottom 3 to top 8 the way a lot of people go on. Ultimately they're not much further forward than they were with Hodgson.

Not saying he can't progress them further but think what he's done so far is exaggerated.

Edited by Neil