Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

Just now, Stifler said:

Aye but you lose your credibility and I believe your right to chant his name when you spent 6 years chanting for him to go.

Well I'd say they don't. They're free to chant whatever they like and rightly hail him as a club legend. And obviously 60,000 people aren't a homegenous block. There was a clear split of Wenger in and Wenger out (with everything in between) for years.

Mad how West Ham have gone from finishing 6th and 7th in successive seasons, to being on the brink of 17th, lost 10 of their 16 league matches, and only scored 13 goals, despite spending around £150m in the summer (more than us).

Moyes has done really well the past couple of years, and he obviously has had good spells throughout his managerial career, but you'd think there would be a more innovate manager out there for them.

I'd have taken a point there at the time of the postponement, but now it's definitely a match we should be looking for 3 points when the match is finally rearranged.

Just now, Paullow said:

Mad how West Ham have gone from finishing 6th and 7th in successive seasons, to being on the brink of 17th, lost 10 of their 16 league matches, and only scored 13 goals, despite spending around £150m in the summer (more than us).

Moyes has done really well the past couple of years, and he obviously has had good spells throughout his managerial career, but you'd think there would be a more innovate manager out there for them.

I'd have taken a point there at the time of the postponement, but now it's definitely a match we should be looking for 3 points when the match is finally rearranged.

In the USA broadcast the pre-game discussion was around taking time to get the new pieces integrated but a bad January and he could be out.

2 minutes ago, Klaus said:

I know this sounds daft. But I really don't fear this Arsenal side. We can beat anyone on our day.

They're a good side, 40pts at Christmas is excellent but we shouldn't fear anyone, we've given everyone we've played a game. EH makes all the difference.

26 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Paqueta is exactly the same as he was at Milan 3 years ago. Slow, ponderous and a bit weak. I was duped by all the hype from Ligue 1 watchers. Be amazed if he ever has a significant impact in the PL.

Needs the right manager and setup.  

Moyes is a good manager but he’s never going to get the best out of a Brazilian 8/10. Paqueta’s spent this game chasing shadows and when he gets the ball he’s so deep with few options. Ends up losing it in silly positions.   

I don’t think he’s the right profile for us. But he would look a lot better in a progressive setup here or under Rodgers, Arteta or similar.  

16 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Aye but you lose your credibility and I believe your right to chant his name when you spent 6 years chanting for him to go.

Depends on whether you tarnish everyone with the same brush. I certainly wouldn't want to be guilty by association with every Newcastle fan.