Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

8 hours ago, Froggy said:

He has a lot more time for me, but the noise will start to get louder the longer this keeps up. 

He has to drop Rashford and stop playing Bruno on the right. That's the two major criticisms at the minute. 

I'd add lumbering you with Onana. That's going to be a huge problem, and a lot folk saw it coming a mile away. He's the opposite of calm and always was, plus a funny character in the dressing room. Then there's Antony, which was obviously a ridiculous overpayment and needed more due diligence. 

I'm not sure he did handle Sancho well, unless 'well' is that you now have an €85m asset sitting doing fuck all and causing a bit of a scene.

I do like Ten Hag but, at this level, get a few things wrong in a row and you'll get eaten alive.

8 hours ago, Froggy said:

Because he's had to deal with 15  different injuries/suspensions already so far this season. Add in the absolutely horrendous individual mistakes from Onana and the shit going on within the club in regards to the sale and I genuinely feel for Ten Hag. He's handled the Ronaldo and Sancho situations well. He did a brilliant job last season given the injuries and the amount of games we had to play. Won us our first trophy in years and got us back into the CL. 

He has a lot more time for me, but the noise will start to get louder the longer this keeps up. 

He has to drop Rashford and stop playing Bruno on the right. That's the two major criticisms at the minute. 

Rashford's Manure fan's whipping boy. He should fuck them off, like Gordon did the Blue Makems, and come play for Mr Howe. 

Moaning, entitled wankers. 

9 minutes ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

I'd add lumbering you with Onana. That's going to be a huge problem, and a lot folk saw it coming a mile away. He's the opposite of calm and always was, plus a funny character in the dressing room. Then there's Antony, which was obviously a ridiculous overpayment and needed more due diligence. 

I'm not sure he did handle Sancho well, unless 'well' is that you now have an €85m asset sitting doing fuck all and causing a bit of a scene.

I do like Ten Hag but, at this level, get a few things wrong in a row and you'll get eaten alive.

:thup: You could well be right. I don't know enough about Onana personally to say that he could be a hindrance in the dressing room, but the errors he has made so far have been shocking. Probably more than De Gea over the last two seasons combined. It's especially hard for fans because we absolutely adored De Gea but he was causing issues at the back and the manager was trusted with a new keeper to improve the style of play.

Antony I do think can be a serviceable player for us but a huge overpay as you say. 

I 100% back him with Sancho though. I don't care how much a player cost or how much he's worth. If their attitude stinks I'd prefer the manager to deal with them. In my eyes Sancho is destroying himself. He was given time off to sort his head out when we really needed him, and still came back with poor commitment. He'll be gone in January and won't be missed by anyone, which is a massive disappointment.

Yeah, I do think that people are forgetting how De Gea was playing and how low his confidence was. Still, just look at the keepers bought in the off season. Onana £44M, Sanchez £25M, Vicario £16M, Verbruggen £16M, Henderson £15M. It’s looking a bit silly.

7 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Almost a home game for Gala.

You'd be absolutely fuming if you were a Man Utd fan like. Absolute state of their club at the minute.

These were season tickets donated to the foundation and hospitality tickets as well. They're cretins. The club is a mess, but it isn't by design.

Glazers must have learnt a decent amount from Ashley. I think if Ten Hag picks up another two losses in his next three games: Brentford, Sheff Utd and Copenhagen then he could well be booted. Even a draw against Sheff Utd and a loss from one of the other games and the pressure is going to be enormous. Maybe not from diehard fans as their main issue will be with the Glazers but from the media, other fans and fair weather Man U fans it’ll be very grim.

Saying that though, if they do get sold I think there’ll be a huge bounce that has nothing to do with Ten Hag

I didn't think Gala were all that good, and I was expecting Man U to get on top and register something like 4-0. Poor defensive organisation let them down.

It's tempting to pile in on Ten Haag, but there's a whole string of good managers - esp Mourinho, Van Haal - who have come a cropper there. They have the players but they need to build a settled side. That takes a bit of time, but there's so much pressure in that job, that they end up going round in circles.

They continue to support the team. They continue to turn up to games. They continue to spend their hard earned cash, yer it's absolutely embarrassing.

Got to feel for the Glazers for what's happening to their club.

8 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Love a bit of the Norfolk / Suffolk battle for supremacy. Maybe it’s Suffolk’s time again 

They can probably count on one hand the amount of goals Ipswich have scored this season

Ipswich itself is a shithole but Suffolk as a county is incredibly nice, especially near the coast. My in-laws live in Snape so it would be nice to see them promoted. Feels like a lifetime ago they were last in the premier league 

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Ipswich itself is a shithole but Suffolk as a county is incredibly nice, especially near the coast. My in-laws live in Snape so it would be nice to see them promoted. Feels like a lifetime ago they were last in the premier league 

image.thumb.png.c0d1d23621d3ba5f6b54d6c618d289cf.png

10 hours ago, Froggy said:

Because he's had to deal with 15  different injuries/suspensions already so far this season. Add in the absolutely horrendous individual mistakes from Onana and the shit going on within the club in regards to the sale and I genuinely feel for Ten Hag. He's handled the Ronaldo and Sancho situations well. He did a brilliant job last season given the injuries and the amount of games we had to play. Won us our first trophy in years and got us back into the CL. 

My braindead tactics would be Bruce-like - "just give the ball to Bruno" and let Bruno sort it all out. [emoji38]

8 minutes ago, OCK said:

My braindead tactics would be Bruce-like - "just give the ball to Bruno" and let Bruno sort it all out. [emoji38]

I mean that's pretty much what we've done for the past three years. :lol: People think we relied Rashford last season and it couldn't be further from the truth. Absolutely everything goes through Bruno. A lot harder for that to happen when he's pushed out to the right wing though.

1 hour ago, leffe186 said:

Yeah, I do think that people are forgetting how De Gea was playing and how low his confidence was. Still, just look at the keepers bought in the off season. Onana £44M, Sanchez £25M, Vicario £16M, Verbruggen £16M, Henderson £15M. It’s looking a bit silly.

I was never a massive De Gea fan but it felt like everybody decided he was absolutely shit without much justification at the end of last season 

10 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Such a weird club, they have players that can win a match against any club on any given day but they don’t seem to have any interest in being consistent about it.

Something rotten there.. the way they’ve handled significant player situations (Greenwood, Sancho) has been appalling, owners that have no sporting interest in the club, no direction, what kind of scouting do they have?

You can see clear as day this will continue on and off, season after season. Change a manager, no difference..

ETH has been made to look a mug by his players. His aura of the work he did at Ajax in tatters, he’s been exposed there big time.

Hasn't helped himself mind. And it's mostly the owners. He's picked a couple of battles he didn't know he would win. They should've gotten rid of Maguire no matter what. And do the same with Sancho. That's what Arsenal did with Auba and co. at Arsenal, and that sends a message to the squad.

He's also let the Owners half arse on transfers. Are Mount, Casemiro etc., players he actually wants? And actually wanting Antony is a red flag.

I'm always flip-flopping on him. Sometimes I think they look a well-coached side other times.... it looks like a mess.

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I know we've got Hall, but Leif Davis looks like a good player. Another massive Newcastle fan as well. 

How the hell do you go from Wallsend Boys Club to Morecambe to Leeds and then Ipswich before your 24? What an odd career.