Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Not a massive amount on the line from a neutral perspective in the 5.45pm games - PSV vs Arsenal is a complete dead rubber, with nothing at all on the line. Lens vs Sevilla is a shootout for the Europa, so decent enough from their perspective, and a chance for Sevilla to defend their title and they must win, but it's effectively a UEFA Cup last 64 match in old money.

I might actually watch Sunderland vs Leeds tonight instead of the Champions League, although will be keeping an eye on how Man Utd's group unfolds. Probably the best scenario would be for Man Utd to win, but there also be a winner in the other match meaning 3rd for MU, helping the PL co-efficient and extra matches for MU (a bit like us potentially, but the Europa League would clearly mean more to us as a club and fanbase as we've barely been in Europe these past 10 years). 

It would be really annoying if Man Utd limped through a weak group in 2nd with only 7 points, and we ended up 3rd with 8 points in the 'Group of Death', but I could actually see that happening.

22 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Varane back.

Some bench for us mind. 

I know you guys have been calling for him to return, and he will make your defence much better, but it feels like he's been thrown to the wolves a little with being picked for this game out the blue :lol:

Drama in the Lens-Sevilla game. 1-0 Lens, Ramos has his pen saved for Sevilla by ex Forest keeper Samba, great save, but he was off his line. Retaken and scored with a risky chip, 1-1 with 11 mins to go - they need to find a winner to stay in Europe, and then potentially defend their title.

9 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Just compared Bayern fixtures from this game day to mid Jan to us and Man United. Fucking hell we don’t half run our teams into the ground over Christmas. 

The Dutch have a month of from now 

Quite confusing what I'd want from these Championship fixtures tonight [emoji38]. I'd ideally like Ipswich promoted, and Sunderland not in the playoffs, and probably Leeds not to go up as well, but if it ended up Leeds vs Sunderland in the payoff final, then I'd obviously want Leeds to go up. I reckon Leeds would be more of a threat than Ipswich in the playoffs, and Watford are probably one of the most likely to knock Sunderland out of the playoffs from those around 6th to 11th, but if Leeds and Watford won, then Leeds would only be 4 points off automatic.

Watford currently a goal up on Ipswich.

Edit, 1-1 now.

Edited by Paullow