Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

1 minute ago, SAK said:

Yeah I think they get tarnished by social media fans like Troopz and DT but generally are OK.

As if every fan base doesn't have a few goof balls. Never understood all the fuss about the Arsenal Fan TV bunch. At the end of the day they're all still fans of the club and just as valid as anyone else.

4 minutes ago, Killuminati said:

Like us they have invested smart in players and it shows. The big diffrence between us and Arsenal is that they are keeping the hungry mentality while our players seem gased at times

They've also started with a better baseline than us tbf.

They're shit hot atm and easy on the eye. We are shit hot but rough around the edges. It takes a lot more for our team to raise their performances to the level we are playing week on week.

Few more windows and carefully thought out transfers and hopefully we can mix it up with them.

9 minutes ago, Killuminati said:

Really good game and really impressive condition of the Arsenal players. So well balanced team and keeping the tempo throughout the game is something. 

Like us they have invested smart in players and it shows. The big diffrence between us and Arsenal is that they are keeping the hungry mentality while our players seem gased at times.

Ps. I lost respect for Arteta after they played us and would love them to bottle it but i cant lie to my self. They play like champions

They've spent more than us in the last 2 years and were starting from a top 6-7 team, we were starting from one of the worst squads in the league.

1 minute ago, NE27 said:

They're shit hot atm and easy on the eye. We are shit hot but rough around the edges. It takes a lot more for our team to raise their performances to the level we are playing week on week.

Few more windows and carefully thought out transfers and hopefully we can mix it up with them.

Good post. Easy to forget in the heat of the moment, like yesterday getting a bit frustrated at an away 0-0, that a year ago, we had one foot in the championship. The progress has been stunning and caught pretty much everyone by surprise. Patience is the hardest thing to have as a fan but we'll get there.

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

As if every fan base doesn't have a few goof balls. Never understood all the fuss about the Arsenal Fan TV bunch. At the end of the day they're all still fans of the club and just as valid as anyone else.

Love AFTV and all the fan media that has spawned out of it. Some really good time killing content to get you through the work day. 

1 minute ago, Pata said:

Of course they looked at it. Even the picture was stopped on both occasions.

I'm not on SkySports but the feed I'm on that's all they're talking about. That they didn't look at it. Doesn't even look close to me anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I'm not on SkySports but the feed I'm on that's all they're talking about. That they didn't look at it. Doesn't even look close to me anyway. 

I don't think they looked at it and he def looked off.

6 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Arsenal have much better attacking players and a way better squad than us and it just highlights the incredible job Howe has done so 

I agree, Howe is achieving things ahead of where we should be. 

Its just so easy to look at that Arsenal line up and thinking that on paper they are pretty equal to us but in reality they were all over us in that 0-0 game. 

Tbf Arteta is also doing wonders with that team. 

Zinchenko for example reminds me of what Tripper is doing for us. Performing so well and boosting everyone in a way that is a huge rarity to find.

1 minute ago, Killuminati said:

Its just so easy to look at that Arsenal line up and thinking that on paper they are pretty equal

I’d suggest stop huffing glue before you read said piece of paper.

8 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Love AFTV and all the fan media that has spawned out of it. Some really good time killing content to get you through the work day. 

Absolutely, agree 100%.

It's really given fans a voice, and not allowed these media outlets to continue to push their stupid narratives about them.

What they put together over there is pretty special, and it keeps getting better, and like you've said other teams fans have followed suit. I think it's awesome.

30 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Arsenal are a strange one, I should probably not like them but their rivals have always been considerably more awful than them so I end up liking them by default. And they're teams help, like.

I just really like how they play the game, was the same when Wenger was there.

18 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Yea, a few more windows and we should be up there performing even better and having more quality options from the bench

33 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Arsenal are a strange one, I should probably not like them but their rivals have always been considerably more awful than them so I end up liking them by default. And they're teams help, like.

There is no comparison between them and those other 'top clubs'. Genuinely don't understand how anyone roots for those other teams ahead of them. The fans of the others are far more entitled and arrogant and the clubs themselves have been far more vulgar in how they've gone about their business.

38 minutes ago, Disco said:

I’d suggest stop huffing glue before you read said piece of paper.

😆😆

To the first line up i would actually only take saka,Partey,Zinchenko and Ödegaard from that team.

Edited by Killuminati

Just now, Froggy said:

Saka is such a wonderful player by the way. Easy to forget he's 21. His composure is incredible for being so young. 

My favourite thing about him is his temperament man. Just a chilled out, happy, positive guy, and still a lethal footballer. Completely destroys this dumb narrative that you have to be out there on the pitch charging about aggressively like some mad man to show passion etc.