Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I know the Champions League is the be all and end all and where everyone wants to be, but the Europa League is mint like. Some great potential away trips and clubs in it. We better not even dare of finishing outside the top 6. :lol:

If you don't like it you've been scarred by Pardew.

Didn't even see this post before posting but aye what Haydn said

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I know the Champions League is the be all and end all and where everyone wants to be, but the Europa League is mint like. Some great potential away trips and clubs in it. We better not even dare of finishing outside the top 6. :lol:

If you don't like it you've been scarred by Pardew.

I prefer the Europa League nowadays, the Champions League always feels very steril and massively corporatised with all the clubs feeling like they have a god given right to be there and anything less, beneath them, compared to the Europa where every game feels like it means everything to the clubs that play in them.

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

I prefer the Europa League nowadays, the Champions League always feels very steril and massively corporatised with all the clubs feeling like they have a god given right to be there and anything less, beneath them, compared to the Europa where every game feels like it means everything to the clubs that play in them.

Aye, I watched Feyenoord v Lazio pre WC and the atmosphere was just unreal. Desperately want to see us play Champions League football like, but Europa League football being back is a hell of a consolation.

I feel like somehow, the Champions League lost some of it’s interest over here when it was moved off ITV. 

Remember everyone at school talking about it. Can’t remember when it moved to Sky and then BT. But it doesn’t seem as popular when talking to football fans now. Whereas it used to be the Holy Grail. 

Should De Gea not be doing better with that?! 

I always feel like I’m massively harsh on keepers. But if you’re one of the highest paid players in the world and supposedly one of the top keepers. I feel like you shouldn’t be getting beat by that header. 

I want us to be in the CL as it'll assist with our growth as a club, but I'm quite enjoying the ride, there's no rush. The fact that we're even in the conversation with 22 games gone is remarkable given where we were this time last year. Any form of European football would be an amazing effort for me.

I'm pretty certain with the structure's being put in place at the club, as well as the amount of cash behind us, CL football is an inevitably down the road regardless. 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I want us to be in the CL as it'll assist with our growth as a club, but I'm quite enjoying the ride, there's no rush. The fact that we're even in the conversation with 22 games gone is remarkable given where we were this time last year. Any form of European football would be an amazing effort for me.

I'm pretty certain with the structure's being put in place at the club, as well as the amount of cash behind us, CL football is an inevitably down the road regardless. 

Same for me. I’m loving the ride. A position higher every season will do me!