Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Just now, TheGuv said:
2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I want us to be in the CL as it'll assist with our growth as a club, but I'm quite enjoying the ride, there's no rush. The fact that we're even in the conversation with 22 games gone is remarkable given where we were this time last year. Any form of European football would be an amazing effort for me.

I'm pretty certain with the structure's being put in place at the club, as well as the amount of cash behind us, CL football is an inevitably down the road regardless. 

Same for me. I’m loving the ride. A position higher every season will do me!

The thought of anything being 'inevitable' doesn't appeal at all, mind. Like yous say, it's all about the journey, but if success is inevitable then where's the jeopardy? Why bother expending energy on hoping? 

Not intending to be argumentative, just thinking aloud really. It's all very existential. :lol:

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

The thought of anything being 'inevitable' doesn't appeal at all, mind. Like yous say, it's all about the journey, but if success is inevitable then where's the jeopardy? Why bother expending energy on hoping? 

Not intending to be argumentative, just thinking aloud really. It's all very existential. :lol:

Nah totally agree. If I knew we’d win the league by 2027. What’s the point?

The jeopardy is so important. It’s actually why I’m glad FFP is here. I want them to make it harder for us, because IF we get there. My god it’ll be all the sweeter.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

I get that, but unfortunately those with the grotesque amounts of cash usually succeed. Once PIF are able to flex their muscles it does feel that way.

Just now, TheGuv said:

Nah totally agree. If I knew we’d win the league by 2027. What’s the point?

The jeopardy is so important. It’s actually why I’m glad FFP is here. I want them to make it harder for us, because IF we get there. My god it’ll be all the sweeter.

Tend to think you and I are very much aligned on this. :thup:

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Wish Rashford would go back to being a bloody good lad off the pitch and focus his efforts on that to the detriment of his football 

Hopefully he’ll be too busy feeding the kids next week to focus on the final

Edited by GeordieDazzler