Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

28 minutes ago, SAK said:

Ideally Barca score and then Man U need to go full guns in the next match.

I wonder what's more tiring chasing a game or having to defend an onslaught? I feel like it might actually be alot more mentally and physically exhausting having to try and defend for the majority of the game. 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

I think we have to if we want to go full strength in cup final. 

De Gea, Dalot, Lindelof, Martinez, Malacia, Casemiro, Sabitzer, McTominay, Sancho, Garnacho, Weghorst. 

Even something like that. 

Would you really take Rashford out at risk of him losing form?

22 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Would you really take Rashford out at risk of him losing form?

He's starting to look very tired in the late stages of games. He's played a lot of minutes. He definitely needs a rest. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

He's starting to look very tired in the late stages of games. He's played a lot of minutes. He definitely needs a rest. 

No he doesn't.

He also needs to run a marathon on his days off and maybe climb up a mountain or two before the final.

2 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

My new favourite Spanish team since Barcelona turned in to such an unlikeable club. 

No surprise given Betis are the team of the people and the working class. 

Thoroughly enjoyed the game despite the not-so-good result. Pedri and Gavi will be missing the return leg so it will take a monumental performance to win at OT...

I feel we are in the cusp of really being a great side, but there's just something missing.

Edited by Village Idiot

11 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

Thoroughly enjoyed the game despite the not-so-good result. Pedri and Gavi will be missing the return leg so it will take a monumental performance to win at OT...

I feel we are in the cusp of really being a great side, but there's just something missing.

F2C42DB8-9272-4E92-BBEC-AC957241155B.jpeg.6cf1fef62a189e83a984926f4016f90c.jpeg

1 hour ago, Village Idiot said:

Transparency, accountability, financial prudence, incorruptibility? 

you’re still a fair way off being the great side you once were.

35 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Transparency, accountability, financial prudence, incorruptibility? 

you’re still a fair way off being the great side you once were.

Well, I meant on the pitch. Off the pitch we're a disgrace and we're not going to get better with Laporta in charge.

1 hour ago, Village Idiot said:

It's obviously only one game but I wasn't impressed with Barca at all. The defence was all over the place and we should have scored at least another two.

Aside from the Leeds game last week (2-2), I don't remember cutting through anyone as easy as we did last night. We were missing at least 5 starting players too. I went into the game last night expecting to get comfortably beaten.

I did fear the worst after the opening 10 minutes though. You looked very sharp but tailed off a lot.