Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

It'll not be as strong as some Man Utd fans will like, but they have named 12 subs there and it's night and day to ours. A fair few of those would start for us, whereas we're bringing on the likes of Ritchie, Lascelles, and Murphy in our matches.

15 minutes ago, Paullow said:

It'll not be as strong as some Man Utd fans will like, but they have named 12 subs there and it's night and day to ours. A fair few of those would start for us, whereas we're bringing on the likes of Ritchie, Lascelles, and Murphy in our matches.

??

With the possible exception of AWB & Sancho - is that not their strongest team available?

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

??

With the possible exception of AWB & Sancho - is that not their strongest team available?

I was referring to their bench. With their forthcoming takeover, they'd like to see some of those currently in the XI on the bench and the likes of Tominay, Maguire and a few others completely away, so as it stands, their bench won't be as strong as they would like, but at the same time, their squad depth is a million miles clear of ours.

Understandable given where the two clubs have been the past 14 years or so, but just pointing out the difference in current depth.

Just now, Peppe said:

Do we want Man U to win this or not? Whats best for us? 🤔

Was literally just going to ask what people were thinking regarding this.

I'd probably prefer they lost in extra time / pens. They're like 8 points clear of us now, so I think 3rd has gone and they are not really a direct rival in the league now, so not as fussed about extra matches. Probably better they have a morale sapping defeat than to keep the momentum and confidence flowing.

1 minute ago, Big Geordie said:

It rankles with me - same as when Carragher and Neville do their former teams games on Sky.

I don't mind a biased commentator as long as the actual commentary isn't biased. For example, the last two occasions we've played Wolves I felt Don Goodman was very fair.