Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

In other news, and Newcastle related, Garang Kuol came on as a sub for Hearts yesterday.

Lightening quick and hit the bar with a fine effort. Very unlucky not to open his account.

He's been used sparingly in the last few weeks but looks promising.

A full season at Heart of Midlothian (the World's greatest football club:snod:) next term will be great for the lad if his loan can be extended. 

Group stage European football will probably be included.

1 hour ago, Geogaddi said:

Really enjoyed that even though it’s a bad result for us and I absolutely hate Liverpool, tells you how much I hate Man United.

I know. Cant want either to win before hand but after a few minutes I was all in on Liverpool. That's how fucking horrible Man United are.

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Man United have been poor away to top half opposition all season but that was a joke. Absolute car crash defending, it was great.

Shows how shit going forward we are at the moment that we barely troubled that defence in the final 

16 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

Shows how shit going forward we are at the moment that we barely troubled that defence in the final 

We played into their hands by being prepared to play it around in front of them without being able to find that killer ball 

The post match discussion was very entertaining, but I could see why Souness has fallen out with so many players during his managerial career. He seemed intent on humiliating Neville at one point. He came across as a bloke who has to 'win' and can't ever let it lie. He just went on and on.

5 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Moise Kean an absolute doylem

Juve losing 1-0 to Roma, he comes on, 30 seconds later he gets sent off for kicking out

Love it, don’t see anywhere near enough silly lash out challenges in the premier league these days 

Just finished watching the two "morning games" here that I DVR recorded. The Forest game was fun as hell. Exciting game, great to see Wood and Shelvey.  Liverpool kicked Man United up the ass so hard they had to hop behind the ambulance. Crazy given how well they have played as of late. 

34 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Love it, don’t see anywhere near enough silly lash out challenges in the premier league these days 

Very disappointing Man Utd didn’t have someone sent off earlier. Tailor made for a ludicrous red for no reason.

2 hours ago, mouldy_uk said:

But to counter that, at least we only conceded 2 against a rampant Liverpool

Just catching up on the highlights; Carragher's cackles on the commentary is one of the worst things I've ever heard. Didn't see any of the post-match antics but I wonder if Sky are close to jumping the shark with the Fans TV crap. Maybe I'm just being miserable but it's pure fucking aids imo. 

3 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Bruno Fernandes well and truly shown up for the prick he is today…

He didn't have that cocky fucking look today did he?

Man U have been blagging some results lately but when people on here pointed it out, it was considered sour grapes after the final defeat. Leeds and Leicester carved them open again and again and Leicester in particular could have been a few up by half time. In both games Man U weathered the storm not through resolute defending but by opponents missing a load of chances. Man U finally punished both on the counter, which is their strength, but defensively, the warning signs have been there for a while. 

They looked tired at the end in the final and dropped deeper and deeper. Frustrating we couldn't take advantage. I wonder how much today is fatigue or simply repeating their Leeds and Leicester defending against a much more clinical team.