Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Needing to hit 110 points just to secure the title. :lol:

Before this season the all time English points total was when Reading hit 106, two teams have at the very least matched that in not only the same season, but the same league, its mental :lol: 

I don't mind play-offs usually. If teams are a much of a muchness then I don't think playing each other head to head is a bad way to decide it. It becomes particularly harsh however when one team is significantly ahead of the others. In Italy if the third placed team in Serie B is 10 or more points ahead of fourth then they don't hold the play offs - which I think is good (happened in 2007 when Juve, Genoa and Napoli all came up).

5 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I don't mind play-offs usually. If teams are a much of a muchness then I don't think playing each other head to head is a bad way to decide it. It becomes particularly harsh however when one team is significantly ahead of the others. In Italy if the third placed team in Serie B is 10 or more points ahead of fourth then they don't hold the play offs - which I think is good (happened in 2007 when Juve, Genoa and Napoli all came up).

Thats actually a really good rule, the whole point of a league system is to determine who the best teams are, its not fair if one team is so far ahead of the rest, yet can not get promoted by a team that had been markedly worse. There is a chance that the team in 7th could go up in their place, and that team could be 40 points ahead of that come next weekend.

Also Wrexham's home form was unreal this season:

Played: 22

Won:21

Drew: 1

Lost:0

Goals Scored: 71

Goals Conceded: 18

Goal Difference: +53

4 minutes ago, Menace said:

Didn't realise Ryan Reynolds just made $300m off mint mobile. They'll be in the championship in a few years for sure.

probably gonna use a large portion of that to buy NHL franchise Ottawa Senators mind

Madrid’s squad depth is something serious. When I think squad player, I think John o’Shea and Wes Brown. These lot have Asencio and Vasquez who were happy to stick around when BBC was in full flow with Isco and James Rodriguez competing for places. 

1 minute ago, Astroblack said:

Madrid’s squad depth is something serious. When I think squad player, I think John o’Shea and Wes Brown. These lot have Asencio and Vasquez who were happy to stick around when BBC was in full flow with Isco and James Rodriguez competing for places. 

So why are they struggling in the league?

1 hour ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Reckon some lower level PL team could take a punt on Mullin.

Remember when we gave a trial to that non league striker under Pardew was it?

Forget his name but I really wanted him to get a contract and start banging them in, what a story that would be [emoji38]

Edited by Scotty66

12 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

They’ll have nee issue staying up with their current squad like. 

Once they bin the manager. 

Never mind staying up, there's a pretty good chance they'll go straight up again IMO. 

11 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

So why are they struggling in the league?

Champ’s League hangover? Benzema a year older, Modric a year older, Casemiro loss. Thcoumeni and Camavinga good but still young. Think they also gee themselves up more for the CL nights more than league games.