Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

3 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

So many empty seats at Wembley, looks terrible. Should really make this game somewhere up north like but FA will never go back to that

Are those Man City or Sheffield seats ?

Obviously the same amount of points and they are now within 6 of us, but I was fully expecting Liverpool to win that one 3 or 4 nil, which would have been great for goal difference, aura, and momentum, especially on the back of the 6-1, so a shame Forest couldn't hang on especially with equalising twice, but possibly could have been worse from our perspective.

I feel like FA Cup semi-finals shouldn't be held at Wembley, as it cheapens the experience of "going to Wembley", but I like that they're held at a neutral venue. 

Reckon it should be hosted someone like the Millennium Stadium instead.

Just now, 54 said:

I feel like FA Cup semi-finals shouldn't be held at Wembley, as it cheapens the experience of "going to Wembley", but I like that they're held at a neutral venue. 

Been saying this for years.

Much prefer the Semi-Finals to be at a neutral club ground, so when you do reach the Final, it seems a big deal when you get to play at Wembley. 

1 minute ago, Andybiotics said:

Been saying this for years.

Much prefer the Semi-Finals to be at a neutral club ground, so when you do reach the Final, it seems a big deal when you get to play at Wembley. 

Twickenham would actually be a decent shout if you wanted it in the capital.

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

The semi finals I grew up watching in the 80s were always at grounds like Goodison, Villa Park, WHL, Hillsborough. Pre-1989 they were fantastic for atmosphere and emotional scenes but always a sense of crowd problems and a vibe of disorder, especially at Hillsborough (Spurs vs Wolves, Leeds vs Coventry) and a big one at Goodison between Man Utd and Liverpool in 85. Plenty grounds out there could safely host these days, apart from Wembley.

Play-off finals shouldn't be there either.

Finish 6th draw two games and win on penalties get a nice win at Wembley, up the steps and a trophy whilst some poor c*nt finishes 25points ahead of you gets promoted on a Tuesday night at Wigan.

Edited by Wolfcastle