Newcastle United 4-0 Aston Villa (29/10/2022)

Yorkie

13 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Just seen Coutinho came on at 60mins :lol: Completely forgot about him and didn't notice he'd come on. Thinking back to Jan when we 'missed out' on him.

Seeing this post is the first time this weekend that I remembered Coutinho plays for them. :lol:

13 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Just seen Coutinho came on at 60mins :lol: Completely forgot about him and didn't notice he'd come on. Thinking back to Jan when we 'missed out' on him.

That's mad. He had a good start with them as well, but I didn't even see anything like classic Coutinho yesterday. Was so focussed on how great play!

12 hours ago, Emotic said:

I remember when Coutinho was linked with us in January, and someone asked @Village Idiothow he was performing at Barcelona. The response was Coutinho was performing as if "something had sucked the soul out of him.". Stuck in my mind, that description, and very apt for how he has been playing of late - the skills are there, he just can't seem to be bothered anymore.

There was still a chance that a change of environment helped him regain his motivation. But I'm glad you didn't take that gamble.

In general when a player in his 30s looks done for, there's no way back.

7 minutes ago, STM said:

We have a 7th o meter. Baby steps mate.

Such a beautiful music when your team forms up and it reverberates around your stadium. Still gives me the goosebumps every time. It's there for you, you can taste it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eef69_st5oI&ab_channel=UEFA

Edited by Village Idiot

Just now, Lenny said:

Does Almiron's goal take a nick off the defender? I've only been able to look on my phone and every angle seems inconclusive. 

I've watched the game back now and I'm fairly certain it does. Wish I never knew that. :lol: