When you used to play football - did you......?

Big Geordie

25 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Fuck it, I’ll take that. :lol: 

Fun fact about #7, he’s a writer on Last Week Tonight these days. 

He he, my fun fact is that when I posted earlier about wearing tracksuit tops for school etc, the other lad that did is now editor of The Crack.

Edited by madras

4 hours ago, madras said:

Socks over the knee caps at my school would've been like carrying a sign saying "I want and need a reet howking"

I already used to get a good kicking, being school's token "Geordie bastard", I really did myself no favours :lol:

4 hours ago, Heron said:

Shirt tucked in, laces tied around the boots, socks up to just below the knee. Always short sleeve if possible. Pretty much the crack for me. Long sleeve actually looks smarter though.

This.

If I did have a long sleeve shirt, sleeves would be rolled up however. 

4 hours ago, Heron said:

Shirt tucked in, laces tied around the boots, socks up to just below the knee. Always short sleeve if possible. Pretty much the crack for me. Long sleeve actually looks smarter though.

I hated the likes of you when I played ;D.

The higher up the shorts were pulled the more my hatred was. 

This made me think, at professional level you basically see tiny shinpads but if you played Sunday league you'd basically always have the strongest ones possoble with the biggest ankle protectors you could. Was like putting armour on before a game :lol: and to be fair they were needed, two footer legbreakers and you wouldn't even see a yellow card.

19 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

This made me think, at professional level you basically see tiny shinpads but if you played Sunday league you'd basically always have the strongest ones possoble with the biggest ankle protectors you could. Was like putting armour on before a game :lol: and to be fair they were needed, two footer legbreakers and you wouldn't even see a yellow card.

The only time I ever wore pads was Sunday league....... didn't protect me from the lunges from behind. Nightmare scenario of technique to get past but no pace to keep away.

Didn't play football competitively, but I played floorball. Since the club wasn't that big the shirts had to be shared between the different teams, with all of the shirts being of the same size.

Since I'm only 157 cm - 5´ 1,5´´ the shirts almost reached down to my knees and I had to tuck them in.

15 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Tucked it in and pulled my socks over my knee caps because Thierry Henry.

In my latter years as a shit league centre half I used to love playing against some kid who did that, who could flick a ball over his head and catch it on the back of his neck but couldn't/wouldn't pass a ball 5 yards.  

I'm sad to say I took great delight in 'getting one in early'