Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

Have to admit the PL for next season looks very very weak. I know there are some teams that are a lot harder to beat than people think but there's what 7/8 teams and the rest just don't seem a threat at all? [emoji38]

20230528_003602.jpg

2 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Have to admit the PL for next season looks very very weak. I know there are some teams that are a lot harder to beat than people think but there's what 7/8 teams and the rest just don't seem a threat at all? [emoji38]

20230528_003602.jpg

I actually think it could be one of the strongest and unpredictable so far to be honest.

Man City, Arsenal, Man United, Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea, Villa, Brighton, Brentford as well as us will all improve in the summer, and make the league even more competitive.

Then you have teams like West Ham, who have a good squad and will likely improve, any one of the three potential relegated teams that survives will improve, same with Forest and Bournemouth, then you have Burnley and their new style.

Feel like it's going to be a fascinating season.

Former NUFC assistant manager Paul Simpson just got Carlisle promoted (was part of McClaren's staff) - fantastic achievement. 

Paul Huntington at the centre of defence too!

4 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Aye it was lovely. Wonder who they have lined up. I'd just give it to the guy who normally does the midweek ones.

Julian Warren he's very good and already has camaraderie with the pundits.

On 28/05/2023 at 00:41, Scotty66 said:

20230528_003602.jpg

I actually think the top 10 is going to be very strong. You have the usual suspects, us, Villa, Brighton, and Brentford all doing it right. Ok for us, Brighton, and Villa you would think it depends on how we handle Europe. If West Ham win the Europa Conference you think they might have some sort of clear out and mini-reset which could make them more competitive, especially after they cash in on Rice.

Everyone else you think will be weak as fuck though.

Edited by Stifler

I don't know why but I always amazes me how quickly players fuck off after the season ends, like Bruno was on the way back to Brazil three hours ago, less then 12 hours after full time yesterday :lol:

7 minutes ago, 54 said:

I don't know why but I always amazes me how quickly players fuck off after the season ends, like Bruno was on the way back to Brazil three hours ago, less then 12 hours after full time yesterday :lol:

One of the Leeds players was on the 8pm train with his dog last night.

On 28/05/2023 at 00:41, Scotty66 said:

20230528_003602.jpg

Is this “Big Club” arrogance after 1 good season?  Must be blinded by the gleam of all the silverware we’ve won this year?

Personally I’m concerned we’ll not finish top 7 next season. Champions league  needs a squad we just haven’t got (yet) which makes the chances of it affecting league form a real possibility. 

3 minutes ago, RS said:

Is this “Big Club” arrogance after 1 good season?  Must be blinded by the gleam of all the silverware we’ve won this year?

Personally I’m concerned we’ll not finish top 7 next season. Champions league  needs a squad we just haven’t got (yet) which makes the chances of it affecting league form a real possibility. 

All I would say is CL is now a minimum 6 games before the knockouts

The mad year under Robson we had 14 games, started in August and still didn't make the knockouts! 

I can't wait for the headache of deciding which cup / league we should focus on come Jan Feb time!

36 minutes ago, 54 said:

Shit, shower, shave.
Uber to Heathrow from Chelsea.

Direct flight to Rio, probably sat in 1st class so priority boarding. 
Couple of pints, spray on some Issey Miyake in duty free, buy an XL Toblerone for the bairn and a bottle of gin for the missus. 

Would take a couple of hours max.   

I’d have done the same. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

37 minutes ago, RS said:

Like said above it just seems there's a massive gap. 

Arsenal, Villa, Brentford, Brighton, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Us and Spurs. 

Compare finances, manager, strongest 11, squad strength against - 

Bournemouth, Burnley, Everton, Palace, Fulham, Luton, Forest, Sheff Utd, West Ham and Wolves. 

Obviously you've got teams like West Ham who could turn up again this season, Burnley who could surprise people and us who still need a bigger squad but on paper it does look like there is a huge gap. 

48 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Why are Everton missing from that graphic? Took me ages to figure out why there were only 19 :lol:

Graphic was made before the final day so wasn't confirmed who would be staying up between Leeds, Leicester and Everton. 

Just found at that in La Liga, if two teams finish level on points then it's decided on aggregate scores in their head to head games (away goals not counting double) before goal difference. That makes more sense to me.

I'd just been looking at how Bilbao were doing and wondered why Osasuna were above them.