Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

Offsides are no more luck than a 30 yarder hitting the top corner. The better the player is at timing their run the less chance they will be offside. Marginal odds happen all over the pitch. 

Also moving the line forward wouldn't really solve that issue anyway, there will still be split decisions.

Depends what we think offside is for really. 

If it’s just to stop goal hanging or deliberate massive advantages, then almost any of the suggestions do that. 

Think the philosophical question is whether we really want to stop otherwise fine goals because someone happens to be a few inches offside. 

Bringing in VAR has fucked things because now you can’t just let a human judge it, you have to drawn the line somewhere. 

Don’t know what I would do TBH, I can’t think of a satisfying option that involves drawing lines on the screen. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

You don't think it would just change from pedantry over the first point of an attacker being offside to the last point of them being onside? So instead of arguing over an attacker's toe, we're arguing over their heel?

Imo the daft pedantry will still be there like, VAR's still going to check.

Its offside, youre going to get daft pedantry regardless. Had daft pedantry before VAR too, clearly not as much and in a different form. At least perfectly good goals wont be chalked off because someone was a centimetre ahead. More goals, less offside freekicks. Win-win. 

I'd have it as the base of your knob, if we can get a system that measures that. I'd say in the spirit of the law Haaland is off in that picture, but  also you're on if just your head is leaning 'off'. It should be based on the centre of your hips (knob).

I mean I'm being silly but the hips is genuinely what I'd think of the spirit of the law as being based on.

Edited by Superior Acuña

10 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Don’t really care about Paddy Kenny, he sounds like a bit of an idiot but Aluko comes across as unhinged there

Don't really care about the both of them they are like the equivalent of a reality TV celebrity

Aye, not interested in that sort of chat. There are tons of awful pundits and commentators on screen, many of whom don’t have great credentials. My issue with her is that she’s a complete idiot and a right wing twat

Paddy Kenny isn't exactly a brain box but he's quite entertaining on some of the podcasts I've heard him on. Has something of a personality about him.

Aluko is thick as pigshit and completely up her own arse, devoid of any kind of personality. Neither entertaining not enlightening.

1 hour ago, Superior Acuña said:

I'd have it as the base of your knob, if we can get a system that measures that. I'd say in the spirit of the law Haaland is off in that picture, but  also you're on if just your head is leaning 'off'. It should be based on the centre of your hips (knob).

I mean I'm being silly but the hips is genuinely what I'd think of the spirit of the law as being based on.

Posted something very similar in the Dogawful thread, but went with arse myself. Can we settle on the perineum? :lol:

1 hour ago, Pilko said:

Paddy Kenny isn't exactly a brain box but he's quite entertaining on some of the podcasts I've heard him on. Has something of a personality about him.

Aluko is thick as pigshit and completely up her own arse, devoid of any kind of personality. Neither entertaining not enlightening.

Poor form of him to post her DMs IMO. Especially when she was originally proven to be right ??